Chapter 46

I feel like this is shorter and not as good, but next week is going to be super action filled and exciting. Also angst is coming again, so prepare yourselves.

Love you.

***

You felt like banging your head into the table; it would probably cause you less pain than this conversation did. However, since you were representing 'pros' or whatever, it was out of the question.

When you met up with the others that morning and you realized that all of you were supposed to attend a meeting concerning Eri and the Shie Hassaikai, you thought there would be more to it. At least in heroism.

Instead, they were talking like there was no one in need of saving.

Like that little girl wasn't clinging onto you for dear life.

All the heroes from your work study were there, joined by a few local ones, reliable but less popular. Mr. Aizawa was also there, currently sitting next to you. Judging by the occasional stares he gave you whenever you had a witty remark or mumbled something about inefficiency under your nose, he chose the seat as a mean to keep you in check, however difficult that would be.

But as soon as the theory of Overhaul using his daughter to make the bullets left Nighteye's mouth, he placed a gentle hand on your shoulder. He was also there for support.

Tears stung your eye as your thought swerved from one to the other.

You held her. You were the one that was meant to keep her safe.

She asked you not to go.

Yet, you let go anyway.

You had such a bad feeling. You knew that man was dangerous.

You should have taken Eri, should have ran with her as far as you could, let Nighteye figure out the rest of his investigation, even if it meant a complete restart.

You should have kept her safe.

"You didn't know." Aizawa whispered to you, but it didn't bring relief, instead added to the forming guilt that pressed down on your shoulders.

"She was so scared. I knew that. It should have been enough." you mumbled.

"Y/n." Nighteye's voice pulled you out from your thoughts, but could not make the pained expression on your face go away as you glanced up at him.

"What do you think his plan is?" the hero questioned.

Another one of them scoffed at that.

"You're seriously asking a child? Especially the child of a villain?" Rock Lock's voice was filled with disbelief.

"It is exactly because of her history that I am asking her. She knows how these people think better than any of us. Y/n?"

Nighteye's attention was once again on you, and you rose from the chair to answer. You planted your hands onto the table to keep yourself upright, tried to speak without the shaking of your voice.

"I don't actually..." but then you stopped.

All the things from the past, from what you heard about Chisaki and the Hassaikai flashed in your mind.

Your dad's last words about a world safe for villains.

The yakuza going extinct since the appearance of quirks.

The erasing of quirks.

It all clicked.

"I don't think he's selling them. Yet."