almost a perfect night. almost.

it was 12am and the group sat on a cliff overlooking the town, a few lights were still on but the streets were mostly silent. a large bonfire roared in the middle of their makeshift camp site. and large cups of gallys drink was clasped in their hands.  gally and alby sat on the roof of thomas's jeep, others sat on the large logs placed around the fire.

thomas had his arm wrapped around newt  limply as they chatted idly about life. eventually they all agreed to play never have i ever.  they sat in a small circle, drinks topped up.

"never have i ever smoked weed"
gally said

everyone took a slug of the purple liquid
"hey gally how did you even get the drink purple"
thomas asked eyeing the liquid in his cup.

"it's this crazy thing i found, really quite amazing, called food colouring shucking dumbass"
he barked the rest of the group laughed loudly thomas smiled fondly at the faces of his family. he finally  felt content after so long.

"never have i ever snogged newt"
alby said, his words slurring slightly from the amount of alcohol he'd chugged

thomas took a large gulp as did minho. gasps and laughter erupted and thomas stared at minho accusingly, his hand on his chest faking betrayal, the gleam in his eyes  showing fondness gave him away.

"now listen, before you punch the lungs outta me  it was waaaay before your scrawny ass showed up and a one time thing. maybe i was a better kisser. maybe i wasn't"
minho chuckled teasing thomas.

thomas rolled his eyes and kissed newt for a solid twenty seconds, earning wolf whistles and cheers from the group

"whose the better kisser?"
he whispered

newt just giggled and prodded his chest.
"you"

thomas smiled and spoke up

"never have i ever car surfed"

gally drank.
"i did a ton of stupid stuff in the two months in new york"

"never have i ever... committed a crime"

only thomas and brenda drank to that.

"whatttt?!"
loud exclamations we're heard from everyone

"all i did was steal a car"
brenda chuckled
"besides i stole it from a total slinthead who'd been following me all night. you should have seen the look on his face when i drove past in his car"

the group laughed again
"what about you angel child? what did you do?"
alby asked. all attention came to thomas

"well first off, technically all of us have committed some type of vandalism or even murder but oh well, so... when i first got back here i covered multiple walls with quotes from the maze, and... maybe covered my school in elephant toothpaste"
he looked a little sheepish as he finished

"that's so bloody cool! you have to show us the quotes"
newt spoke up. the rest of the group agreed so they put out the fire and squeezed into thomas's jeep.  it was a pretty tight fit but they managed. before gally got in he grabbed his beverage jumped in and slammed the side.

soon they were speeding down the quiet streets singing to cave town.

"GET A LOAD OF  THIS MONSTER HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE HIS MIND IS IN A DIFFERENT PLACE WILL EVERYBODY PLEASE GIVE HIM A LITTLE BIT OF SPACE"
big smiles plastered on their face as the words fell from their mouths easily.

"GET A LOAD OF THIS TRAIN WREEEECK"

thomas stopped suddenly causing alby to crash into gally who proceeded to blush profusely, only newt saw and grinned at him while gally mouthed 'shuck off'