concerning revelations

thomas and derek came up with a solid plan:
first, they would arrive as a group to a pack meeting, then an open ended threat to lay it down, they would answer a few questions if it would not reveal their life or just an uncomfortable question and after that they leave, weather the pack care or not.

"so when's the next meeting derek?"

"tomorrow night, 8pm"

thomas beamed
"perfect, i'll tell the other tomorrow morning. you wanna crash here or go home?"

"i'll stay here, keep watch"

it was the early hours of the morning and everyone was asleep, scattered across his living room. thomas made his way up to his room and opened the door slowly, cringing when the hinges whined. but his heart melted at the sight of newt curled up in the bed.

thomas silently grabbed a jar of mountain ash  he got from deaton a few weeks into being back, he was careful not to wake newt up, cranky newt was a force to be reckoned with. thomas snuck back out the room and into the kitchen where derek was sat, clasping a cup of coffee.
thomas grinned
"i thought you didn't like coffee"

"it grew on me when you left"

"i'm taking you to all the good coffee shops after this then"

derek gave a small smile
"looking forward to that"

thomas was almost out the door when he spun round.
"by the way, i'm sprinkling some mountain ash round the house so, be careful till tomorrow"

derek nodded in response.

soon thomas had made a large perimeter of the substance round his house,  he stood up straight, admiring his work. a rustle came from behind him. he tensed and closed the circle.

from out the shadows emerged lydia.
"hey lyds... you okay?"
thomas asked tentatively, the girl looked rather alarmed.

"i shouldn't be here-"
she started, her eyes were wide with fear.
thomas's protective instincts kicked in.

"woah woah it's okay, calm down and step into the circle okay?"

lydia did what thomas said and visibly relaxed once behind the barrier. stiles gave her a soft hug. he pulled away after a while
"you okay?"

"yeah- yeah, i'm fine, i- i just came to warn you"
she swallowed a lump in her throat.

thomas's eyebrows creased.
"warn us of what? lydia, warn us of what?"

thomas was frantic, what were they planning?

"uhm- an attack, they can over power you okay? you guys are strong but they are supernatural."

thomas froze, she was right- they wouldn't be able to hold them all off even with derek.  they would get crushed if they attacked, an impossible fight  but maybe they could come up with another plan. they needed time though, thomas was eternally grateful for the warning though.

"thank you, lydia thank you so much"

she gave him a small smile, he squeezed her arm and she left quickly. melting back into the shadows the trees provided.
stiles went to follow her, ask her to stay, to promise to keep her safe but found a small amount of resistance when trying to cross the border.
'what the shuck?'
he thought as he forcefully shoved through the barrier again, confusion lacing his features.

thomas  hurried back in the house. that was weird. he quickly went back into his room, avoiding the questioning look of derek at his panicked face.

he quietly got into his bed, newt instantly curled into him and hummed in content. thomas let himself relax into newt and found himself drifting off, the barrier incident plagued his thoughts throughout the night.

when he woke up thomas quickly got the rest of the gladers up and put them outside, including derek.  with no reason or warning many of them were pretty pissed

"guys- humour me for a second and step out the barrier of ash please"

most of them sent him odd looks, gally snorted and went to strut over the ash so he could chew thomas out when nothing happened however when he reached the line he stopped suddenly, with his hands he pushed through the invisible forcefield. once through he turned back to thomas.

"what the shuck? why is that difficult"

the others gave confused looks and made to leave, like gally they found something pressing back and only managed to get out after a bit of effort.  they all turned to thomas for an explanation.
derek looked just as confused.

"derek i'm not gonna lie, kinda hoping you know what to do"

"i- i don't understand. you guys are not supernatural so what the fuck"
derek muttered, a frown creasing his face.

"we need to see deaton"
derek ordered after a long pause.

the rest nodded hesitantly.

um. should i make them supernatural or not? idk if i should or if it would be weird. lemme know if u see this pls.