"You're being sent back to Top Gun"

Months later

Skye's POV:

Being stationed in Texas has been so stress relieving for me. All I have to worry about is flying, no boys and no drama. That was until I received the message

'You're being sent back to Top Gun.'

I knew going back would push any progress I made on myself back to square one, but I had to go. I had to uphold my reputation. I can only hope I find it in myself to be true to everything I've done the past months to move on from all the drama.

Just a few short days after receiving the news I was on a flight back to Miramar. I had hours to prepare myself to see some of the best flyers in the world. I had no idea who else would be there, I could only pray I knew one person. I would meet them all at the bar before training tomorrow so that gives me a little time to get to know everyone.

I was still in my uniform by the time I landed which meant I would be heading to the house I'm staying in before going to the Hard Deck. I wouldn't want to be uncomfortable so I'm going to grab clothes to change into and head over. I could stand being a little late.

I sit in the car provided for me before I get to my house where all my belongings had been shipped to. The ride was silent and I was grateful for it. I needed a little peace and quiet in my life right now.

I grab a shirt, jean shorts, and sneakers without even looking to see what they were. I head out to the garage to my baby. My most prized possession. My Jeep was sitting there just waiting for me to use her.

I hop in and start the engine, "It's so good to be back."

I immediately start blasting music as loud as possible. I wouldn't ever drive any other way.

Another Jeep is already parked outside the Hard Deck by the time I get there. I jump into the backseat of my car changing into my clothes and throwing my uniform up into the passenger seat. I still hadn't even bothered to look at what I was wearing. Had I looked I might have saved myself some embarrassment in the near future.

The bar is packed to the brim with people. I spot pilots standing near the pool table, but my eyes are drawn to a leather jacket at the bar.

I see him then, "Dad?" I was surprised to say the least, my eyes could definitely be described as wide open with my eyebrows raised to the high heavens.

He turns at the sound of my voice before rushing over with a shocked look, "Skye, wh-what are you doing here?"

"Got called back to Top Gun, assuming the same for you" I wasn't expecting to see him. At least not yet. I knew the reputation my father held among pilots. He was one of the best despite only ever holding the captain title. It wouldn't be shocking if he did get called back.

"Yeah, yeah. Ice pulled a few strings. Gonna be teaching there." Teaching? My father was many things, teacher was not one of them. The confusion must be evident on my face since he says, "I was thinking the same thing you are. Not really for me, is it?"

"Nah, not for you at all," I spot Pheonix among the pilots before rushing a few words out to my dad, "hey, I'll come by later. I gotta go see someone."

I walk away before he can say anything. Natasha must see me coming over because she yells out my name, "Angel, ain't you a sight for sore eyes?"

Everyone's heads whip around at my call sign. I still don't see him, mistake on my part, so I find it safe to walk over, "Hey babe, I've missed you."

"No hello for me Angel?" Amusement is evident in Hangman's voice. I glide over to wrap my arms around his waist, his going around my neck, "you got even hotter" he whispers in my ear.

"Oh Jake, don't do that here."

"Don't do what here Angel?" That voice strikes my heart. How could I ever forget it?

"Bradshaw. What a surprise" I can't even begin to turn around and face him. I know I should, but I can't bring myself to do it.

"Don't do what here Mitchell? I know I'm not the only one missing something here" his voice is more harsh this time. He's determined to find out what I'm talking about. I won't let him push me around anymore. Not with the way we left things.

I turn to him, "None of your goddamn business, bird boy." Gonna admit it, not one of my best comebacks but I'll recover from it.

At the name his eyes light up in anger, that is before they begin to scan my body. After his once over his eyes only hold amusement, "Cute shirt you got on Angel."

My shirt? I look down only to see one of Bradley's old Navy t-shirts. Fuck. I forgot I even had this and now I made a fool of myself. I've got to play this off, "Hey Hangman, this shirt yours? I can't remember who lent it to me."

Jake shoots me a look before the words come out of his mouth, "I think I had a shirt just like that. Haven't seen it since the day of graduation. Pretty sure you might have taken it after that shower."

No one has to look at Rooster to know he's angry. His breathing gets heavy from beside me, he steps just a bit closer letting me feel his warmth on my body.

"You know damn well who's shirt that is Angel. And you know you remember the night you took it."

I had to think about it for a moment before it hit me.

I sure did remember that night.

I would never be able to forget it.

Authors note

So next chapter is gonna have a cute little flashback. I'm hoping to get it out tomorrow, if not it definitely will be out on wednesday.

Hope you're all doing well!

Also, THANK YOU FOR 1k READS!! I LOVE YOU. MWAH