11

Emma gets to the microphone while the guy plays the song she chose. Basic, but beautiful.

The boys watch excitedly as she starts singing for them. Noah holds her bags while starring at the beautiful girl who doesn't even know that he's feeling this way.

The song ends and people clap for her as the guy calls her over. He sticks out a fifty dollar bill and she backs up.

"That's a bit much."

"You deserve it."

"I sang. I don't deserve a fifty for that."

"Just take it. I want you to have it."

Emma hesitates before taking it and thanking him, walking back to the group.

"This bitch gave me fifty."

"Oh, shit. She's buying dinner." Shawn jokes.

"I have a better plan for this." She smiles while rolling her eyes.

"What's that?" Noah asks.

"You'll see when I use it."

Emma takes her bags back and his hand as they continue forward.

-

The group ended up spending a few hours there until they actually wanted dinner. They walk out the mall together and Emma just drops her stuff by the group, confusing them as she runs away. They watch her calmly take a seat beside an obviously homeless man.

"Hey, Noah. What's she doing?" Nathan asks.

"I don't know."

They watch her have a few words with him before standing and reaching in her back pocket, pulling the fifty out.

"Oh my god." Logan chuckles.

"Fricken sweetheart." Noah sighs.

"Seriously." Jacob agrees.

The man tries to decline as she did, but she kneels in front of him and places it in his hands. He smiles and starts to shake as he covers his face while crying into his hand. Emma smiles and stands, pulling him up with her and having him hug her.

He thanks her multiple times and she lets go, holding his hand for a few seconds before walking away with a wave.

Emma reaches the group and moves her sunglasses out of the way, showing tears coming down her face.

"Sweetest. Man. I have ever met."

They smile at her and Noah pulls her into a hug that she accepts as the tears continue to fall.

"Ugh. I love him."

Emma lets go of Noah and rubs her face, picking her stuff up and smiling happily.

"That was my plan."

"Good plan." Noah chuckles.

"I know."

She pulls her bottom lip in her mouth as she smiles and walks backwards. She waves at the man one last time before turning around, Noah following her to her car as the others get in Jacobs. Noah gets in the drivers seat this time, Emma not feeling like driving.

"You're such a good person." Noah sighs.

"Thank you."

He pats her thigh and thinks about taking it off, but keeps it there, seeing as there's no objection from her.

Of course, not.

She's melting inside. This guy she's in a fake relationship with and, now has a large crush on is touching her thigh. Ahhh!

He starts driving and they follow behind the guys to get to the restaurant they chose.

-

When they get there, Emma holds the door open for the princesses who thank her like a bunch of older women.

They find an empty corner booth and Emma sits on one end while Jacob sits on the other, Noah right beside her.

Her and Noah have their knees touching under the table, even though there is plenty of space to where they don't have to do that.

A waitress comes by and takes their drink orders, coming back around five minutes later, ready to take the food order. Emma goes first and orders french toast, the others ordering before she leaves.

"That's not very lady like." Nathan teases.

"I'm not very lady like." Emma scoffs.

"Ain't that the damn truth." Shawn agrees.

"You were in that dress." Noah smirks.

"You really want me to wear a dress, don't you?"

"Just a little bit."

"I'll wear one tomorrow." She chuckles.

"Haha. Yes." He celebrates.

"You're so weird." Emma sighs.

"Can you blame me?"

"No." The table says.

Emma sits back in surprise with her hand to her chest.

"Well."

They laugh and she smiles, sitting normally, again.

-

The waitress has already brought out the food, nearly fifteen minutes ago. Emma has just set down her fork and leaned back as she takes a deep breath. She's looking down as an older hand gropes her.

She gasps and waists no time to grab a hold of the mans wrist, pulling him down to her level. He groans in pain at her hold on him as the boys sit confused, but focused.

"You wanna tell me why the hell you thought that was a good idea?"

"I-I do-I don't know. God, let go."

She uses her other hand and grabs his shoulder, squeezing her nails down.

"No, I don't think I will, yet. See, now, what you just did is not okay. Do you understand me?"

"Yes."

"Say it."

"What I did wasn't okay."

"Good. Get out before I send a bunch of angry football players on your ass."

Emma roughly lets go of him and he hurries out of the restaurant.

"Em?"

She holds her chest and slowly turns to him with tears in her eyes.

"What did he do?" Noah angrily asks.

Emma isn't able to answer, as the tears break free. He immediately pulls her into a hug as she sobs into his chest.

"Anybody see what happened?"

"No." They all shake their heads worriedly.

"He groped me." Emma cries.

"What?" They all angrily ask.

Emma just cries as their anger grows. Noah is completely furious with the man.

-

Once Emma has calmed down, she just hugs Noahs arm as she finishes the little bit she's able to eat.

"You seemed to handle him pretty well." Jacob nods.

"Adrenaline of a pissed feminist." Emma smirks.

"Well, go feminist." Noah chuckles.

"Obviously."