~Ep. 3~

Author's Notes: Ep. 3 is here! Enjoy and don't forget to hit vote. Thank you very much

~~~

Y/N's Pov
When Mrs. Yoo first suggested hatching eggs as my science project...I was less than excited. That is, until I saw my first sign of life.

Y/N: Is that it?

Mr. Park: That's the embryo. Heh.

Mrs. Park: Wow.

Y/N: It looks like a bean.

Mr. Park: It does.

Y/N: Let's try the other ones.

Suddenly it felt real. All the eggs were alive. There were, like, little bean babies inside every one. On the day of the fair, all six chicks hatched.

Mrs. Yoo: What are the odds? This year's top prize goes to Y/N Park...for their wonderful project: "A Chicken is Born."

I won first place. And that was cool, but all I really cared about were my chicks.

Y/N: There you go. There you go, guys.

My mom wasn't crazy about us raising chickens. But I begged and pleaded. I told her I would take care of everything. And I did. Then one day, I found out that one of my precious chickens was a hen.

Y/N: Where's Clyde? Clyde? Hey, Clyde. What's the matter? Are you okay? Aren't you hungry? Come on. Come here. What's wrong, baby? Come here. Hey, you're not Clyde. You're Clydette. Mom!

As it turned out, my hens laid more eggs than we could eat. At first we tried to keep up...but after a month of boiling, frying and deviling...like that movie The Blob, we were being overtaken by eggs.

Then opportunity in the form of our neighbor, Mrs. Lee, knocked.

Mrs. Lee: Hello, dear. If you ever have any extra, I'd be happy to buy them from you.

Y/N: Really?

Mrs. Lee: Certainly. And I happen to know that Mrs. Gong would be interested as well.

Y/N: That's really great!

Mrs. Lee: Nothing like fresh eggs.

Y/N: Thanks, Mrs. Lee.

Mrs. Lee: You bet, dear. Bye.

Between Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Gong, my egg overflow problem was solved. Then I realized that Mrs. Kim deserved eggs too. But I didn't think it would be right to charge her. She had been such a good neighbor, lending us supplies when we ran out, and giving my mother a ride when our car wouldn't start. It was the least I could do.

Besides, if I happened to run into Jennie, that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Y/N: Hi, Jennie.

By the third time I brought eggs over to the Kims...I realized Jennie was waiting for me. Waiting to pull open the door and say, "Thanks, Y/N. See you at school."

And in return, I got a few moments alone... with the world's most dazzling eyes.

Jennie: Thanks, Y/N. See you at school.

It was a bargain. Until the day it wasn't. It was two weeks after the sycamore tree was cut down and I was just starting to feel normal again.

Jennie: Hey, Y/N. Right on schedule.

Y/N: Yeah, well, neither rain nor sleet.

Flipped (Jennie x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara