supposed bestfriends

the next morning, one of the boys woke up before the other.

he glanced over his shoulder to notice the other's arm was still under him, though the other one was draping lazily over his own side.

Atsumu felt the blood rush to his cheeks. he sat up quickly and got out of the bed. but he couldn't look away from the sleepyhead.

he squatted down, leaning his elbows against the mattress as he admired the sight in front of him.

the expression on the perfect face was so calm and peaceful. the black curls flowing on the pillow and the boy's forehead made him look flawlessly messy. Atsumu reached his hand out, stroking the soft locks gently, careful not to disturb Kiyoomi's sleep.

his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by buzzing. the sound was coming from the bedside table on the other side of the bed. too lazy to get up, the boy leaned over his sleeping friend and grabbed the phone before answering the call.

"mornin' Motoya. Omi's still sleepin'", the blonde explained immediately.

"oh, hey Atsumu! good morning. I was just wondering if you two wanted to join me for brunch? Kiyo promised we could meet up since I'm in town this weekend too", the voice on the other end of the line spoke.

"sure, how 'bout in an hour?"

while agreeing on the details with Kiyoomi's cousin, the setter took his own phone in his other hand and opened a certain application. lifting his phone up, he snapped a photo of the sleeping wing spiker, smiling to himself proudly.

soon after hanging up, the blonde started nudging his friend awake.

"Omiiii, ya have to get up."

"mmm", the other boy mumbled, still half asleep, "just five more minutes."

the older boy sighed, preparing to try harder, but froze as he felt an arm snake around his waist. he was sure Kiyoomi had no idea what he was doing, no idea how flustered he made Atsumu.

eventually the sleepyhead got up, pretending like absolutely nothing happened. despite this driving Atsumu aggravated, the pair got ready to meet up with Motoya.

the trio went out for brunch at a lovely café. after choosing from the variety of treats inside the glass displays, they all sat down at a high table by the window.

most of the meal was spent by the cousins catching up while Atsumu mostly listened. as the three friends finished eating, Kiyoomi stood up in realization.

"shit, I forgot my wallet", he muttered while going through his pockets.

"no worries, cuz, I can pay", Motoya chuckled.

the black haired boy shook his head: "no, I promised I'd treat you, so I'm doing it. I'll run back to the hotel quickly to grab my credit card."

despite the other two trying to reason with him, the stubborn boy left the café.

Atsumu sighed with a smile, knowing Kiyoomi was always like that. he hated going back on his words, even if it was something small like this.

the libero looked over at the setter, opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something.

"I'm in love with him."

the brunette blinked a few times as he was taken aback by the sudden confession, though not really surprised by it.

"geez, it took you this long to realize?"

the hazel eyes shot to him.

"WHA!? NO!", the agitated boy took a deep breath and lowered his voice, "I've had feelings for 'im for as long as I can remember, probably since we first met at that camp. I just wanted to tell ya now 'cause I'm plannin' on confessin' soon."

Motoya's eyes widened, mostly because he knew his cousin had never been interested in romance, and he was worried of how things would turn out. a relieved smile formed on his lips as he realized if there was someone his cousin would fall for, it was the blonde sitting in front of him.

"best of luck, my guy. how do you plan on doing it?" he asked out of curiosity.

Atsumu told Motoya about the plan he had come up with. the brunette listened intently and gave some pointers as he had first hand experience of serious talks with Kiyoomi.

before they realized, the black haired boy they had been discussing returned to the table.

"well aren't you two getting along", he said with suspicion lacing his tone, "what are you even talking about?"

"oh, you know, just extrovert things", Motoya grinned, earning a nonchalant eyeroll from his cousin.

"ew, extroverts", the introvert of the group scrunched up his nose as he took a seat.

"well, technically I'm an ambivert... but we're the only extroverts ya like! right, Omi-kun?" his bestfriend whined.

the black eyes looked at the pout on that adorable face before looking away as a smile tugged on his lips.

"yes. yes you are", the curly head replied without making eye contact.

the brunette was holding back a gasp. he wasn't used to seeing his cousin like this, eventhough he had seen the two supposed bestfriends together before. Kiyoomi was never an affectionate one, but ever since he grew closer with the setter, he had clearly started opening up his heart.

it was clear to Motoya now; Kiyoomi had let Atsumu into his heart completely. whether or not he knew it himself, he had a lot of love for the blonde he called his bestfriend, and it wasn't platonic.

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

hi again, I'm still here x)

it's been a while since the last update, sorry about that. hope the few of you reading this are still tuning in :D

I'll just publish a few chapters at once again to treat y'all