first game

5 years later

the MSBY Black Jackals were on their way to an away game, or more specifically to the hotel they would be staying at.

the team's setter had their number 15 leaning against his arm. he had his own head resting on top of the curly head on his shoulder.

he held the wing spiker's left hand in his, looking down at the ring on his finger and smiling.

he still got a warm feeling inside when he saw the wedding rings on their ring fingers.

the bus halted in front of a grey building before Atsumu nudged his husband awake.

"hm? we're there already?" Kiyoomi mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

"yep", the blonde grinned as he gathered his things.

the team got off the bus and walked into the lobby. their captain requested all of the key cards from the reception before returning to his teammates and handing them out.

Atsumu glanced at the number on his and Kiyoomi's key card: 209.

a smile grew on his lips and he glanced at the black haired wing spiker beside him.

Kiyoomi raised an eyebrow.

"what's got you smiling like that?"

without replying to the question, Atsumu took his husband's hand and started leading him to their room. he stopped in front of the door.

"room 209?" Kiyoomi questioned.

"doesn't it ring any bells?" Atsumu hinted as he unlocked the door.

"uh, no, it does."

the curly head put his bag down with his back turned to his partner. Atsumu walked closer to him and and hugged him from behind, resting his head on the tense shoulder.

"ya remember it, don't ya?"

"I do", the taller one replied as he caressed the cheek of his beloved husband.

he laid his other hand on the one over his stomach. he locked his fingers with it and raised both of their hands up to his lips, kissing the inside of blonde's hand softly.

"it's crazy to think how far we've come from that", he saud as he turned around to face the hazel eyes staring at him.

"yea, ya were so blind."

"shut up. you weren't on your best game either. your flirts sucked."

"hey! at least I was tryin'..."

the older one had a pout on his face. Kiyoomi just smiled softly and cupped the warm cheeks before kissing the pink lips.

"mm... yea I was really awkward with ya back then", Atsumu mumbled after they parted.

the curly head chuckled: "it was adorable."

they stayed in like that for a moment, just nuzzling each other, until there was a knock on the door.

Kiyoomi pulled away and went to greet whoever was behind their door.

"hey Sa- um, Kiyoomi..?" Meian corrected himself.

Atsumu was snickering into his hand further away from the doorway.

"ignore him, it's fine", Kiyoomi said with a small polite smile.

"ah, right. I forgot to give these to you guys before."

their captain handed a plastic bag to the wing spiker, who took it hesitantly.

"thanks... was that all?"

"yep, just remember to get a good rest tonight so you can be on your best game tomorrow."

"yessir, g'night!" Atsumu said as he walked over to Kiyoomi and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

they closed the door and returned back to the bed before peeking into the bag they received.

Atsumu took out two brand new jerseys wrapped in plastic.

"oooh, yea this'll finally be the first game for the MSBY with two Miyas on the court", he said with a smirk as he handed the other jersey to Kiyoomi.

"you're right."

the husbands tried on their new volleyball uniforms. the blonde looked at the curly head's backside and cover his mouth with his hand.

"damn, I like seein' "Miya K" on ya a bit too much", he mumbled.

the curly head turned around walked closer to his loved one.

"oh yeah? guess that means I shouldn't use my old jersey even around the house... wonder what I can do with it?"

it was obvious what Kiyoomi was implying, and Atsumu took the bait like the oblivious guy he was.

"ya know, I could wear it! and maybe ya could even wear my old one..."

the younger one chuckled and pulled the blonde closer by the waist.

"yeah, perhaps."

Atsumu wrapped his arms around the other's neck as they stared into each other's eyes with soft smiles.

Kiyoomi broke the silence: "I love you, Atsu."

"I love ya too, Omi. always 'n forever."

the setter leaned in and kissed his husband. the love between these two had only grown stronger with each year they'd spent together. they completed each other, and it was clear to everyone around them.

they were clearly meant to be by each other's sides.

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

and there you have it. this story has been finished with a couple glimpses into their future.

(spoiler alert: they lived happily ever after)

anyways, hope you liked it. :)

- A.