006

ᴄɪɴɢᴜʟᴏᴍᴀɴɪᴀ [ ʟᴀᴛɪɴ ]
ᴀ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs.

It had been two days since I got the news

It had been two days since I got the news. And in those two days, Bradley had stayed with me every minute, holding me when I needed to cry, distracting me when he knew I needed to come out of a low point. He was so helpful that I caught him hugging my mom, who had met my uncle several times, when she burst into tears when they both thought I was asleep.

It was in these past two days when I'd grieved for the brave man that I grew up with like a second father, that I also realised just how confident I was that Bradley and I would last. He'd seen my worst, and I'd seen his. And this time I knew it was true.

However throughout these past two days my dad had practically disappeared when I needed him more than ever, and for that I knew I needed to talk to him. But that would have to wait until after today, because this was the day of iceman's funeral.

Phoenix was here now, and after a solid twenty minutes of hugging me as I burst into tears at the sight of her, she let Bradley leave to get his uniform while she helped me bathe, dry my hair and put on my knee length dress. She sighed as I touched up my face with some blush and concealer, since my face was so pale that I looked like a ghost.

I turned to her with a weak smile and said "You don't have to pity me. Tom would've wanted me to be strong. To move on. To not let it take over my life. So after today, I'll carry his spirit with me, instead of mourning his body." and I wiped my stray tears with a sure nod as Nat looked at me with undeniable pride.

We both stood up and I slipped on my black heels, holding her hand as the pair of us walked downstairs to meet with my mom was coming to the funeral, and Bradley who had come straight back in his uniform. I immediately walked over to my mom and hugged her tightly, before linking back up with Phoenix as we walked to Bradley's car, knowing she needed his support more than I did.

"Oh Harper?" mom called in a croaky voice, and I spun around to see her holding a jacket and a note. "Your dad dropped these off this morning, he said you should read this letter before we leave." and I slowly nodded as I took the jacket and paper from her.

As the others stepped into the car, I opened the paper with shaky hands.

Dear Harper Siena,

I know you must be mad, and I'm incredibly sorry that I wasn't here for you. Instead, I was fulfilling your uncle's last wish to me. To let you remember my past in pride as it intertwines slowly with yours. This has been proved as your relationships with Top Gun and it's lieutenants grow. This jacket was my first ever G-1 flight jacket from the naval academy. As well as my badges, you will find Iceman's and Goose's, and on the inside, above your heart is a badge I'm sure you'll recognise. The naval academy will away be apart of our life, and that's why Tom asked me to give you this.