Chapter 4

Tanjiro's Pov

"I want you to understand... How I feel!"

My eyes shot open. Was that a dream from the past?. I sat up.

I looked around, this place was a mess, fire everywhere, all the buildings.... gone..

Thankfully, Nezuko is okay, she was asleep. Looking up, I saw the Demon stand right in front of me, His sister sitting on a roof. "Well I'm impressed, I'm shocked you're still alive after that".

I looked at him, my whole body trembling.

"It really is a shame you know" he got closer to my face. "Every one of your friends are dead or burning under the rubble right now, it only took a single thrust to that boars heart.... meanwhile that yellow haired boy is trapped under the rubble, though I think I will leave him there until he dies, and that girl of yours, she is probably also burning under the rubble somewhere, or better yet, dead... and that Hashira was all bark and no bite, seems like the poison got to him after all".

He stood back up right, smirking right at me. Made me sick.

Why isn't he killing me?, what's going on here?, my arm is numb, which means I can't lift my sword.

He started laughing "You really are a disgrace huh?".

He bent down, slamming his weapons into the ground. He reached out to my head, and started mocking me.

He suddenly took my hand, breaking two of my fingers, before clapping my head. The only option I have right now. I grabbed the box and my sword, before I took off running.

He appeared next to me, before kicking me into another building, I got out of the way before the building fell, and took of running again. I fell soon after, the demon right behind me.

I sat up, grabbing a few small bags that were on the floor, and threw them at him.

I wanted to through something else, but he kicked me straight in the stomach, blood coming from my mouth. He started talking about me becoming a Demon, for Nezuko's sake.

"This whole time....this whole time, I've been waiting for this!" I headbutted him, right before stabbing a Kunai into his leg. The poison worked, using all my strength, and Hinokami Kagura, I went straight for his neck.

With all my strength, I tried to cut his head off.

Out of nowhere, Zenitsu came from the rubble, and making him and the other demon go flying.

The poison was wearing off, before he was about to reach me, Mr Uzui stood in front of us.

"HOW ARE YOU FIGHTING WITH 1 HAND!?" The demon yelled. Mr Uzui speeded towards the demon.

Amazing... even when he's poisoned... and with 1 hand... he's still fighting. He's deflecting every attack.

The demon was getting stronger, but Mr Uzai still deflected every attack. I knew I could not just stand there, I started running towards them, gripping my sword with all my strength, before leaping towards them. The weapon pierces me through my jaw, but I did not let that stop me.

I still swung my sword towards his neck. Forget all the pain in your body!

Y/n's Pov

All I knew at this moments, I wasn't thinking straight, all I knew, was to kill these demons, and no one was going to die!. I leaped out of the rubble, towards Zenitsu, I could not let him fight alone. On cue, Inosuke came along.

Slicing the belts trying to get to Zenitsu.

"You brats!" she yelled. We swung our swords to the belt keeping her head in place, our it was a "W" shape. It should be enough to slice her head off once and for all.

"HELP ME BROTHER" she screamed. Soon, both of their heads were off of their bodies. I landed a few feet away from Mr Uzui and Tanjiro. The poison was taking its effect, my hearing was fading.

I tried to do recovery breathing, but it failed. From what I can see, Mr Uzui as trying to tell both of us something, But all I could hear was a muffle. "THE BOTH OF YOU, YOU GOTTA RUN" he yelled.

Soon after, the demons body exploded. Everything went black once more.