Our family |ch. 12

───⋱☁︎⋰───
Two years later

Balto and Boris walked through Nome when suddenly a terrier came bounding over "the stork has landed! I repeat, the stork has landed!" Balto widened his eyes. "Ghost!" He exclaimed silently and took off towards the boat as Ghost had said it would be the best and safest place for the pups. Balto didn't mind then; he could watch over her without being in the village. Soon he jumped into the boat, seeing a ball of white fur where he had his place. (Pic on the top) he smiled as he saw two coat shapes: one his color and the other one grey like smoke.

"Hello, my love," Ghost greeted the wolf-dog as he sat down in front of him, nuzzling her "they're beautiful," he said as he looked at his pups. The white wolf smiled "yes. Two small wolves," Balto smiled "will they be full wolves like you or half like me?" He wondered out loud. "I don't know, my love. Guess time will show," Ghost said and nudged her pups lovingly. Soon Boris came over and smiled at the small bundles. "Oh, they're cute..." he said, his rage melting into a smile again.

"That they are Boris. Balto, do you and your friend watch over them while I go and hunt?" Ghost asked as she stood gently. Balto nodded and curled himself aorund his heritage. Proud and happy. "Thanks, I'll be back before you know it," the white wolf said and vanished like a dream out of nothing less. Balto sighed and laid his head down while glancing at his children. It had been two years since Steele had left, and Balto had chosen Ghost. Why? Well, cause she was there for him much more than Jenna, she was free like he should be.

And she was a wolf, a pure one. Balto didn't lose anything as he chose Ghost as he and Jenna stayed friends with Ghost. Jenna was only proud that the half-wolf had found love, even if it wasn't her. Star and Steele's old team had chosen Balto as their leader. All was well in Nome, and the little wolf family was flourishing. Soon there would be two more wolves in the land of Alaska. Two spirits in the wild. Balto only hoped that this luck would stay and that he and his family would live on in peace.

"morning dear, I'm sorry I'm late," Ghost purred as she nudged the sleeping half-wolf awake. Balto sighed and yawned, moving away so his mate could lay down and takes his oracle. "I'm going to scan the town. If you need me, howl," he says and nuzzles Ghost, who hums and lets her pups snugly into her warm fur. Balto casts one last look at his family and then bolts off running towards the town, who, in the end, appreciate the wolf-dog. He had it all now. A good family and a city that respected him. Now it only waited for the life of the two pups and their choices. Then, the time would tell and prevail all. 

The wolves would stay in teh end and be there. 

The wolves would be the Ghost of the world and stay strong. 

For the wolf are the Ghost. 

☁︎