chapter 6

6

6

"Mila Nikolaev report to the principal's office. Mila Nikolaev report to the principal's office."

My chin lifted to the intercom in the corner of the room. The one that butchered Mila's name.

Get your shit together Brenda.

Unlucky for me, Mila wasn't in any of my classes except art, and she refused to cross paths with me since our little incident outside the drama block. School was set to become even more of a drag.

I wondered why she was being called to Mrs Burrows' office, it's not like she was the type to misbehave. I imagined she was a straight A student, filling her time with extracurricular activities - I already knew she was part of the drama club.

Maybe one of her family members had died, that's the only other reason I could think of.

Looks like I was going to be the one to console her.

I put my hand up, with a cheeky grin plastered across my face, and waited for Mr Henderson to notice me.

"What is it Jungkook?" he muttered, lifting his glasses to see me better.

"Sir, you're an ugly, fat pervert."

It would have been funnier if he got angry, but he just sighed and pointed to the door. "Principal's office. Now."

Always worked a charm.

I skipped out of the room and down the corridor, pushing through into the reception area with an almighty bang.

"Morning Brenda!" I sang, pulling up a chair next to her. "Got any tasty treats?"

"Give me a second, sweetheart, I'm on the phone."

My chin met the desk. I was bored out of my mind waiting for Mila to leave the office so I could corner her again. It probably wasn't the best way to win her over, but it was better than Taehyung bringing her a bottle of water and dry-ass oats. Like, what even was that?

She would eventually give in, even if it was just to get rid of me.

The door to the office opened and standing there as fresh as a daisy was my Mila, followed by Mrs Burrows with a huge smile slapped across her face.

Dammit. No dead relatives, I guess.

I bounced out of my seat, rolled up the sleeves of my flannel, and approached them.

"Jungkook?" Mrs Burrows questioned my appearance like I was merely shit smeared on the bottom of her shoe. I couldn't blame her, the last time I was sent to her office was because I was found fingering a girl in the maths supply closet. "What did you do now?"

Mila was standing with her plump lips pressed together, waiting to be dismissed.

"Oh nothing much, I just called Mr Henderson an ugly, fat pervert again."