9 - hopeless

After 2 hours of driving, Hyewon and the rest finally arrive to Seoul. They quickly pay the driver before getting off at the park.

"Huh, a big fight must have happened" Yujin concludes from seeing the big craters in the ground. "We know they're safe though, right?" Nako asks Hyewon, who checks her phone for text messages. "Yup, 3 hours ago, Wonyoung told me that they fought against a believers of the Flowerlife?? What ever that is" Hyewon returns her phone to her pocket. "I'm guessing they're at the base right now"

"How ironic. A month ago, Hyewon told us to protect Eunbi and now she betrays us" Sakura chuckles bitterly, leaning back on her seat. They are in the meeting room, trying to figure out what to do now that Hyewon is an enemy. Nobody knows what to do, since they usually have Hyewon to lead them. "Where are Yujin and Nako now? Weren't they with Hyewon?" Hitomi asks. To answer Hitomi's question, the door opens, revealing Yujin and Nako. Nako is carrying Geumbi. "Hey guys!" Yujin waves, along with Nako.

"Where's Hyewon" Chaeyeon stands up. Yujin and Nako step aside to let Hyewon in, who sighs in relief after seeing that her team is safe. "I'm glad you guys are saf-"

"What are you doing here..?" Chaeyeon points at Hyewon, pushing her finger against Hyewon's chest. Her tone sounds mad and her stare is intimidating. Hyewon is taken aback by this question. She expected a warm welcome, but instead she's being treated like a bad guy. "Uhm... I'm here because you guys are my team..?"

Chaeyeon points her finger upwards, slightly lifting Hyewon into the air with her wind powers and restraining her movement. "If we are your team, then why'd you attack us?" Sakura questions, crossing her arms. Hyewon's eyebrows crease at the mention of attacking. "Huh?" Hyewon tilts her head. "Don't play dumb, you tried to kidnap Eunbi and you tried to punch Chaeyeon" Sakura continues, glaring at Hyewon. Hyewon looks at Eunbi, who seems to be mad and disappointed. Yujin and Nako are confused, since they've been with Hyewon the whole time and they never saw her leave their sight.

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about.." Hyewon says, looking at all her team members. She makes eye contact with Wonyoung, who nods sadly. "I attacked you guys..?" Hyewon questions. She's talking to Chaeyeon and Sakura but the question was for herself. She doesn't have any memory of it happening. "Hyewon unnie was with us the whole time" Nako explains, Yujin nodding in agreement.

"Hyewon is unpredictable, she has teleportation powers" Sakura talks back. "You know more than anyone that she can disappear and reappear like it's nothing" Chaeyeon tells Yujin, who could only stay silent.

Hyewon is deep in thought. Did she really attack them? Maybe she was controlled by someone, which isn't entirely impossible. They did get to Sokcho because of someone with pollen powers, after all. She looks at Chaeyeon and speaks. "Look, I don't have any memory of it happening, but if you say so. Put me down and I'll leave" Hyewon says, her tone is sad and deep. Chaeyeon looks at Hyewon, who could tell that Chaeyeon was getting sadder and sadder by the second. She releases Hyewon from her wind powers before turning away and looking up, trying to prevent herself from crying.

"Well, I guess this is it. See ya. Sorry for attacking" Hyewon waves good bye, leaving the room. The ones that hurt the most are Wonyoung, Yujin, Chaeyeon, and Minju, since they've been with Hyewon for the longest out of everybody else. The group sit in silence, processing the fact that Hyewon left the team. Chaeyeon has tears flowing from her eyes while Yujin only bows her head in sadness. Wonyoung bites her inner lip, preventing herself from crying. Minju wipes her eyes with her sleeve, sobbing silently. The rest are all also sad, which is visible due to the frowns on their faces.

"Hyewon, where are you going?" Yena grabs Hyewon's arm, pulling her back in. "And why do you look so sad?" Yuri asks, crossing her arms. "I..." Hyewon looks at Yena. "I attacked them" she continues, pulling her arm away from Yena. Yena gasps, along with Chaewon, whose eyes widen. "What?" Yuri shouts in disbelief. "I tried to kidnap Eunbi and I tried to punch Chaeyeon!" Hyewon replies, looking away.