𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝗼𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝗼 𝐰𝗼𝐫𝐤 𝐝𝐚𝐲

After twenty or so minutes, Jay, Hailey, and Kolly all arrived to work. All three of them got out of the car, as Kolly grabbed onto one hand of each of her parents, and from there, they all walked into the building, making their way upstairs.

Everyone greeted the three happily, but as expected, Kolly was the main attraction. "Oh Kolly! We're so glad that you got to come today" Kim said, as Kolly smiled happily. "Hi Auntie Kim! Bubba's home with Miss Jessica" Kolly announced. While Kollyns loved her baby brother, she was super excited to get to spend the day with Jay and Hailey alone. She loved her solo time with them, even if it meant being at work with them.

Kolly happily sat in a seat beside her mother's desk, her tiny legs swinging below. Of course, everyone loved to strike up conversation with Kolly, and Kolly loved to talk too. She was a very eager little girl, and always was up for conversations. The five year old had a big smile on her face, probably the entire day. Being the center of attention was fun, but Kolly really just liked getting to be involved with the adults for once.

Eventually, there was a case that came up. Jay and Hailey were originally planning to leave Kolly downstairs with Trudy, but Kolly begged to go with them. "I'll stay in daddy's truck mama! I promise" she said, looking up at both her mother and her father. "Fine. But you have to listen to daddy and I, the whole time. Got it?" Hailey told her daughter, Kolly nodding immediately. "Yes ma'am, mama" she said, hopping down from her seat. Jay had gone and told Voight that Kolly would be joining them, to give him the knowledge.

Once outside, Kolly climbed up into her car seat, Jay buckling her up before getting into the driver's seat, and following the rest of the crew to the scene.

Upon their arrival, Jay turned back to his daughter, after parking the truck. "Kolly. Stay here, do not under any circumstances get out of the truck. Mama and I will be back" he told her, as Kolly nodded. Jay and Hailey got out of the truck, making their way to the rest of the team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a while, Jay and Hailey finally returned to the truck, where they found a sleeping Kolly. Kolly had managed to fall fast asleep in her car seat.

Jay and Hailey opened the truck doors, and got in, and as they shut their doors, Kolly woke up, startled, but within reason, of course.

"You scared me!" Kolly said, before busting into a giggle fit. "We're sorry, baby" Hailey told her. "Sorry it took so long, kiddo" Jay mentioned, as he started up the truck.

While they drove back to the district, Kolly looked out the window, contently. Once they got back, she hopped out of the truck, and walked into the building with both of her parents, just as they had done that morning.

"Mama! Can I give out my invitations now?" Kollyns asked her mother, as Hailey nodded. "Go grab them from my desk, make sure everyone gets one" she told the five year old, as Kolly nodded and ran off to the desk. Once there, she grabbed the stack of birthday party invitations that read,

"You're invited to Kolly's Sixth Birthday Bash! Join us as we celebrate our "Little Miss Independent" on this Independence Day!"

Kolly happily passed out her red, white, and blue invitations to everybody on the team. She also gave some to her school friends, too.

Kolly's big party was on the Fourth of July, which also happened to be her actual birthday. It was more fun to do that, and Kolly loved it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The remainder of the day passed by pretty quickly. There wasn't much action after the events from the morning.

Finally, it was time for Jay, Hailey, and Kolly to head home, and relieve Jessica, and see Finn. They told everyone goodbye, and made their way to the truck, as Jay drove them all home.

Once they got home, Kolly was the first one to the door. They all went in, and Kolly immediately ran to hug Finn, like she usually would do when she got home from school. Jay paid Jessica, and she told everyone goodbye, before leaving the house.

From that point on, the Halstead family had a relatively easy night. Dinner, baths for the kids, and bedtime went by in a breeze that night, which didn't always happen.

"I had fun today" Kolly told her parents, as they tucked her in for bed. "Oh well we're glad you did, kiddo" Jay told her. "You get some sleep. You've had a long day, and you've got school tomorrow" Hailey told her.

Jay and Hailey both planted a kiss on Kolly's cheeks, and told her one last "goodnight" and "i love you" before turning on her Hatch sound machine to help her sleep, and closing the bedroom door behind her.

"Today was a good day" Hailey said, as she and Jay walked off to their bedroom to settle down for the night. "A really good day with our girl" Jay added, with a nod of his head. From there, the two got themselves ready for bed, and off they went, to rest up, for the next day's excitement.