Chapter 4 | Cigarettes

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke's POV

I sighed, grabbing another cigarette. I know I shouldn't smoke, but due to stress, it just is a habit now.

I lit it, watching the end turn into a glowing orange. I looked outside, seeing an orange grow on a tree from not too far away.

Naruto. He's a rich man, and the type that everyone loves. It's no wonder he made it up the ranks. But how in the world did he get into my life, messing up how I view myself even more?

He saw me on that day...

The day Fugaku, my father, had kicked me out.

He said I was too old to live there, and that I was just stealing space and food in their house. I guess he was sick of it, because he just started yelling, which escalated to beating, then throwing me out, just because I asked why.

I sighed, exhaling the smoke from the cigarette. I'd been sitting outside of my work, which wasn't much, I barely got paid in fact. But it was enough to get by.

I took a sip of my coffee, throwing my cigarette on the ground, then stepping on it. "Sasuke," I heard a voice behind me.

Naruto?..

But when I turned around, it was just a coworker. His name was Shikamaru. He and I weren't the best of friends, but he was somebody to talk to at least.

Ah, no... Shikamaru. Damn it, am I going crazy now? I could've sworn it was Naruto.

"Ah, yes?..." I asked, coughing. "Hn, I must be catching a cold..." I said to myself.

Shikamaru frowned like usual. "You've been going through a lot of trouble, maybe even more than originally."

He walked forward, standing beside me. I shook my head. "No, it's nothing," I mumbled.

Shikamaru laughed. "Come on, you can't fool me that easily." He seemed to laugh when he got cocky or felt he was right. Other than that, he kept a straight face and complained a lot of the time.

I didn't reply, and instead looked at the tree again, which had an orange growing off it. Shikamaru looked at me, then what I was looking at.

"Have you heard of Naruto Uzumaki?" Shikamaru asked, turning to me again. I immediately turned to him, since he caught me by surprise. "Uh, yeah. He's the most famous out of all the Uzumaki family, right?" I answered.

He nodded. "Yep, he's famous not only for his looks, but apparently because he's good at singing."

"But what does this have to do with me?" I hissed, annoyed from the nervousness. "Well..." He smiled.

"You've taken a liking to him, haven't you?" Shikamaru asked, making my eyes widen.

"A... Liking?" I muttered, freezing up. Shikamaru laughed. "You have, right? Every day you glance at those posters of him around."

"Ah... That?" I remember now. I looked at the posters often in work subconsciously.

Shikamaru laughed again, this time for a little longer. "Haha, you are all red now!"

I groaned, grabbing my coat and putting it on as I began walking away. "Hey Sasuke," he called out, making me pause in my tracks.

"Give his songs a listen. I don't know about you, but music helps me a lot when I'm stressed." Shikamaru said calmly.

I continued walking. No... He's the entire reason I've been stressed! Liking a man? And a rich and famous one at that! I've got too many mixed feelings in my head...

Still, maybe I should try listening to them.

----------------------------------------------------------

I wanted this chapter to sort of explain a bit of Sasuke's past, while also explaining Sasuke's troubled mind of sexuality and concept that he was raised from where the poor are always less than the rich. So, I came up with this! Hopefully it wasn't boring.

Hope you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter loves.

647 words