2 - Invasion Part 2

Previously:

"Okay, so now what?" Asks Dig.

"We call Lyla." Ollie states "and tell her these Dominators aren't here peacefully."

"And then" I continue "we kick Dominator ass." As we start heading inside, a yellow light shoots out and sucks Sara into the sky." "Sara!" Ollie and I scream. No! No! No! Where did she go? I start internally freaking out. Not a second later, Thea and Dig also disappear, but before I could react, my body freezes which is the last thing I remember before I see black.

I wake up. Today is finally the day. Ollie and Laurel's rehearsal dinner is tonight! This also means Sara is coming in later today. She's been on a trip for a little while and I've missed her so much. I go on a run and come back to my room to find a tray with my breakfast that Raisa probably brought up. Everyday I tell her I don't mind getting my own breakfast and everyday I find it waiting for me after my run. I tried to go extra early one day but she still beat me. I take a shower, get dressed and eat my breakfast, then go downstairs.

I hear my brother and sister in the living room as I walk to the kitchen to leave my tray. "You didn't have to get me a gift, Speedy" I overhear Ollie say.

"It's just a little prerehearsal dinner gesture."

There was a pause, "Well, little is right." Ass.

"It's called a Hozen." She explains, "It symbolizes reconnecting, like you did with Laurel."

"Thea, it's a rock."

"It's a very thoughtful gesture from your amazingly loving sister."

"Thank you." He responds.

"Yeah. That's better."

"Ollie," I call as I enter the room, I see the gift they were talking about in his hand "I didn't get you anything, but I can go find a rock from the yard if you would like" I say innocently. Ollie laughs in response while Thea sticks her tongue out at me.

"Well, what's going on here?" Mom asks as her and Dad enter the room.

"Thea gave me a rock" Ollie answers and we all laugh.

"Let's go, champ." You got a 6:00 appointment at the tailor's," Dad says, glancing at his watch "got to fight traffic."

"Oh, dad, you know I'm not much of a fighter."

"Tell that to the paparazzi you punched." Thea says, making me chuckle.

"10 years ago." He defends.

"Still"

"I've still got that video on my phone" I announce, causing Mom to roll her eyes.

"Might as well be a lifetime" Mom says, ignoring my comment "You're practically a completely different person. All three of you are."

"Don't start crying again, mama." Thea says.

"Ya, just save all the tears for the actual wedding." I add.

"I think what your mother's trying to say is that both of us feel blessed to have watched the three of you grow up." Dad says, making me smile.

As Nina, one of our housekeepers, comes in carrying a tray with tea and flowers, the vase with the flowers falls. I watch Ollie's hand shoot out and catch it before it smashes into the ground. "Whoa! Sweet reflexes." Thea comments, making me nod, agreeing.

Dad and Ollie say goodbye and leave. Mom walks away as Thea cuddles up to me on the couch to watch a movie.

————————————