Chapter 4: punishment.

She woke up to the warm ness of camp, the sun shining down on her bright orange fur. Something felt wrong. She fell asleep at that big glittery stone... why was she home? As she inched her eyes open further, the chirping of birds and the swaying of trees in the light woke her up just a little bit more. She stretched and walked out. She saw LunaPaw sitting alone. She knew her mother would hate her for going to visit her best friend. She thought to herself.. is this what I should do? Mum doesn't want me to talk to her. She thought for a moment. No. I'll go talk to LunaPaw.

"CicadaPaw! I haven't seen you in a while! All of my friends are busy training right now... but now you're here! I missed you!" She ruffled up to CicadaPaw's fur, tickling her chest the tiniest bit. CicadaPaw felt warm inside, her chest was filling up with butterflies.

"We'll- I- uhm- thank you! I missed you too." She took a breath. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her parents arguing. Her father looked angry, her mother looked angry, they were both so full of rage. Her father looked a bit scared as well, and he hissed at her. CicadaPaw quickly turned her head away, back to LunaPaw. LunaPaw opened her eyes  and looked up at CicadaPaw, ruffling her fur once again. CicadaPaw  couldn't help but notice LunaPaw  kept the moth-wing on her ear all these moons. It started to look pale. She noticed in the distance, HorsePaw and DirtPaw on their way to talk to LunaPaw and her.

"Oh no, not HorsePaw again..." she whispered to herself. LunaPaw took notice.

"What about them?" She tilted her head, questioning CicadaPaws dissapointment.

"HorsePaw is nice and all, but he can be a bit- erm... clingy." She stuck out her tongue.

"Hey LunaPaw! CicadaPaw!" HorsePaw yelled as he walked towards them and waved.

"H-hey guys!" DirtPaw said alongside him.

"Hey DirtPaw! HorsePaw!" LunaPaw yelled warmly back.

"Hey DirtPaw! .... HorsePaw." CicadaPaw stuttered. I sound like DirtPaw on his first day of training! I sound too unconfident.. would mum approve?

"CicadaPaw! I haven't talked to you in a bit! You workin' too hard again?" He joked. This made CicadaPaw feel uncomfortable.

"I work a completely normal amount, thank you!" CicadaPaw scoffs. How could he say that? Everyone works this hard! That's what mum says.

"I mean... you do work a bit much, CicadaPaw." LunaPaw shrugged nervously.

"You guys are just jealous I work faster than you!" She huffed.

DirtPaw was sitting nervously in the corner, listening to everything go down.

"G-guys, I think we all work enough!  We shouldn't argue..." DirtPaw stutters out.

"DirtPaw, we aren't arguing. We just think maybe she should take a break." LunaPaw sighs nervously.

CicadaPaw looked at the group as she started spacing out of reality. She didn't hear really what they were saying, but she didn't know if it was important. She felt the swaying of the wind of her fur, the vibrations of the ground moving as other cats moved along, and the smell of fresh catnip that had just been supplied to the medicine den which they were sitting next to.

CicadaPaw. Cicadapaw!

She snapped back to reality and blinked.

"CicadaPaw! What did I tell you about hanging out with them? I have no problem with you spending time with your father who I PERSONALLY dislike, but them? You are BETTER THAN THIS! Do you even spend time with your other friends anymore? You are destined to be a GREAT warrior, and that does NOT include THEM!" Her mother gasped at CicadaPaw.

"Mum I'm sorry- I just don't have many friends now because of them starting their apprenticeship before me, and I think the cats are nice! Dad doesn't have a problem with them, why should I?" She barked back, before covering her mouth. "S-sorry mum... I'll listen this time." She lowered her head, her friends had gone completely silent. "Go train with your father, CicadaPaw." ColdHeart lowered her ears while giving CicadaPaw an angry tone."

"Yes mom." She nodded, and walked away. It felt like her mom was staring into her soul at this point. What will I do? I made mom upset..

She then saw her father, who had clearly heard everything. He looked like he felt badly for CicadaPaw. "Come on my little cicada, let's start training."