Chapter 7: time.

"Your warrior name shall be Cicada'Tree. You must stand a silent vigil tonight, and watch over the entrance." The leader announced to an entire clan of cats.

It felt like time was passing so fast, and yet she couldn't control it. Her fur spiked, as if exited, but for some reason, she felt wrong accepting this. But she took it to please her mother and father. She touched noses with her father, accepting his gratitude and the honor.

In the crowd, she saw her. Luna'Wing. It had been so long since she decided to talk to her. She was staring. She looked longingly at CicadaTree, waving in congratulation. A tug at cicada paws heartstrings hit. She felt so bad for not talking to her. What kind of friend would ever abandon her just for her parents. She saw that the same moth wing, which had crusted and browned, was still on Luna'wings ear. She turned back to her father.

"My little cicada, all grown up." He smiled warmly, his fur plucking upwards. "Remember your silent vigil, and stay quiet. But just so you know, I am so proud of you darling. I love you, never forget that." He grinned as the cats chants died down.

CicadaTree jumped off the high rock as cats left. She left to the clan border, to do her silent vigil like she was told to by the leader.

She sat, simply wanting to get the silent vigil over with.

She saw HorseWhisker pass her as she left. Luna'Wing followed her, but not for long. CicadaTree sat there, nobody to talk to, only able to think to herself. But she dealt with it like a "warrior" should've. She took a sigh of relief realizing she may be alone, but it was for the first time in moons her parents didn't watch over her every move.

"CicadaTree". That name. It was hard to get used to. What did it even mean?  And yknow what? Why had they never taken her to a gathering, despite how "good she was"? There was so much to think about that other kits got to do that she didn't. She sighed, trying to clear her mind.

(Hi!!! I finally felt good enough to continue!)