Chapter 5//-hell?

I grab the extra chair in the corner, spinning it around in front of me, and sit down. My arms hang over the backrest, and I lean forward, studying the man. "So." I say, and the man looks up. "You beat up how many of our best trained agents, and you didn't even break out in a sweat. Quite impressive." I say, and the man just looks back down to his lap.

"I need you to talk to me if you want out of here." I say, grabbing a stray hair and twirling it around my finger.

I watch as conflicting emotions cross the man's face, ending with stubbornness. That takes approximately 30 seconds, and by then I've already left the cell. "Where are you going?" Coulson yells at my back, as I run towards my tiny tent.

"Just a minute!" I yell, ducking into my tent and grabbing a book. A book on Norse mythologies.

I run back to where the man was in the cell, meeting a fuming Coulson outside. "What the hell are you doing?" Coulson asks, and I shrug.

"Gotta get him to talk somehow. And besides, I have a hunch." I say before ducking under his arm into the cell.

I flip quickly through the pages in the book, using my foot to turn my chair around so I can sit down properly facing the man. I watch out of the corner of my eye as he looks up, his bright blue eyes brimming with- was that sadness?

I shove that thought away, finally finding what I was looking for. I plop down in the chair, holding up my book so he could see the pictures. "This you?" I ask, pointing to a blond haired man with bright blue eyes, who also looked exactly like the guy in front of me. I watch as the guy studies the picture, then shakes his head.

"Well, that's funny. Cause you look just like him. I'd even say you could be twins." I say, just loudly enough for only the two of us to hear. I knew the camera in the corner couldn't hear what I was saying, it didn't record sound that well.

I turn my head to look outside, seeing a man and a woman talking to Coulson before he walks in, undoing the man's handcuffs. I watch as the man and woman burst in behind Coulson, but I ignore the man. My eyes are on the woman. I take in her stance, how she kept fiddling with her bracelets. She was probably nervous, and she had reason to be, standing as an outsider in a SHIELD base.

A few hours later, I slump down in a chair, rubbing my face. "Gods, today was way too long." I mutter, hearing a grunt in reply. I turn my head to see Clint, his eyes half closed. I snort, feeling my own eyes close.

The next few days were okay, seeing as I went to the town every day and got to escape the base. I almost adopted a kitten, then remembered the no pets rule at HQ. I frowned, putting the kitten down.

"Sorry, I can't. I wish I could, but I'm just visiting. Pets aren't allowed at the apartments where I live." I lie easily, and see the cashier shrug.

"Too bad." I nod, giving the kitten one last kiss on her adorable little head before walking back outside and hopping back in the car.

The next day, both Clint and I agree that anything would be better than the burnt pancakes we'd been eating for the past week. I steal the keys to the car, and we both hop in. I drive to the small diner that was in the middle of the town.

We talk about different things, just reveling in being normal people who weren't trained killers but people who had normal jobs. I laugh, almost choking on my eggs. "It wasn't that funny!" Clint says, chuckling.

"No, your face when you said it- priceless!" I say, banging my hand on the table.

"Calm down, Alex!" Clint says, and I just laugh harder. It takes me 5 minutes to calm down and by then I was gasping for air, but still giggling every now and then.

I take a sip of my coffee, enjoying the feeling of warmth it brought. After we finish eating, I fish out the money from my wallet, leaving it along with a 5 dollar tip under the salt shaker. We walk out, still laughing and joking.

I see the man from a few days ago walk to the diner, talk to the owner, then hand her a mug. I watch as she hesitates before accepting the mug, smiling. I shrug, climbing into the passenger seat, as Clint had stolen the keys from me. "Jerk." I say, and Clint laughs, starting the car before starting to drive.

A few minutes into our ride, I hear a loud boom, then see light coming from the sky. "What the hell is that?" I say, sticking my head out the window to get a better look.

"Buckle up, we're about to break some speed limits." Clint says, and I pull my head back in right before Clint slams on the gas. The car rockets forwards, speeding towards the light.

The light suddenly stops, and the car slows down, continuing on the path towards the base, just a few yards ahead. The car stops, and I jump out, running towards the base. I meet Coulson just inside, looking at one of the computer screens.

I listen just long enough to get the jist of what they thought was happening, though I knew exactly what it was. I quickly grab my book out of the chair where I had been reading it last night, then head back to Coulson, flipping furiously through the pages. I find a page on the Bifrost, and exclaim in amazement. It couldn't be!

I bump into Coulson, and before he can open his mouth, I shove the book into his hands. "Ok, I know this is going to sound crazy, but Clint and I just got back from a breakfast at the diner in the town over there, and we saw the lights. No, listen to me, Coulson!" I say when Coulson tries to interrupt me.

"Coulson, the light looked exactly like this." I point to a picture, knowing I was rambling. "I had my suspicions with the hammer, and then with that man, but I thought they were just coincidences. Coulson, these are Asgardians." I say, out of breath.

"What if that man is Asgardian? He looked just like Thor, their Crown Prince." I say quickly, flipping a few pages back and pointing to the same picture I had shown the man just days before. I then flip to a picture of the hammer, Mjölnir. "That's the same symbol I saw." I say, and I watch Coulson look at me.

"You're kidding." Coulson says, and I shake my head quickly. Coulson stares at me, his jaw nearly on the floor. "We gotta go then." Coulson says, and I nod, bringing my book with me.

Minutes later, I arrive back in the town along with Coulson. I stare at the three warriors I see, but mainly have my eyes on the warrior woman. Damn, she was hot.

"That- That's Lady Sif and two of the Warriors Three." I say, pointing to each warrior in turn. "If I'm right, those two should be Fandral and Hogun. But if that's the case, then Volstagg should be with them..." I trail off, looking around.

I run forward, following the three warriors, making no noise. I watch as Volstagg meets up with the three in front of a building, which I see that Thor was in. He was dressed in civilian clothing, cleaning up with 2 women and a man. I sneak closer, watching as the 4 warriors walk into the building.

I see happy rejoicing between Thor and the warriors, and see shock on the faces of the others.