Chapter Five

"... didn't we use protection though?"

I laughed, "Most of the time but I guess we forgot to one night? Or we were wasted?" I sighed, "I have no clue, Shota."
I bit my lip, "But I'm honestly really happy."

Silence and I hesitated. I would usually grab his hand and all that but considering he had double slings...

"I'm happy too."

My eyes started watering and I laid my hands on my lower stomach. There was a baby there. A baby. For who even knows how long. But-

"We're going to be parents, Shota."

"Indeed."
I snorted and wiped at my eyes, "Of course you would say that."

---------------------

It was a rough few days. Mama didn't trust me at home alone while Shota was in the hospital still. Especially when she had been given the news that we were expecting. Izuku was the same way. That was how I found myself sitting on the couch in my childhood apartment while my little brother folding clothes. However, today was also the day of the checkup with the OB-GYN the doctor back then had recommended to me. I was nervous... especially since Shota still hadn't been released from the hospital and into Recovery Girl's care. But, he would be soon. It was only Saturday and school would be starting back up this following Monday.

He had to be.

Izuku was going with me. He decided it himself, not me. He and Mama did actually. I had put on a loose dress shirt and shorts. I wanted to be comfy if I was going to be in a doctor's office the majority of the day. Had nothing to do with the fact I wasn't feeling great. Nope. Nausea sucks and so does the fact my breasts are aching...

I looked up from folding my clothes just as the alarm I'd set to get ready to leave rang out in the apartment. Izuku immediately jumped into a standing position and I laughed.

"Izuku, I think you're more excited than I am to go to this appointment!"

I laughed as his face flushed like a tomato, "Ho-Hoshi-Nee!"

I grinned and stood up next to him as I ruffled his green hair that matched mine, "relax, Izuku. I was teasing you... I'm really grateful you're going with your big sister to her appointment."

I watched Izuku smile slightly, "I promised Aizawa-Sensei that I would take care of you while he was in the hospital..."

I blinked, "Eh? When did this happen, Izuku?"

Shota never texted Izuku. He used to when we were first dating, just to make sure whatever he got me for my birthday, valentines day, or Christmas was perfect and that I would like it. But, as far as I know, he didn't have an adequate reason to justify the reaching out... Oh.

"He was worried about you going to this appointment by yourself..." He trailed with a smile, "plus I really want to see my niece or nephew if that's going to happen at this appointment."
I flushed. I'm going to have to give him a million kisses when he gets out of the mummy wrap.

"Anyways-" I stuttered and ushered Izuku out of the apartment, grabbing my purse and keys, "we've gotta get going or we're going to be late!"

—-------------------------------------------

Izuku and I sat in the lobby of the office. We got bored and were playing rock, paper, scissors.

I pouted and look at my paper-shaped hand while Izuku laughed with his scissors hand.

"Dang it! Let's play again!"

Izuku laughed, "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot-"
"Midoriya Hoshimi?" I looked over abruptly at my name, my hand forming scissors and I could only assume my brother did paper from his groaning behind me.

"Doctor Hajime is ready for you now. Please follow me."
I nodded and got up to follow her, Izuku following me.

The clinic was cute and had a lot of plants around decorating it. I could only assume that someone at the clinic had a nature-based quirk that made their upkeep of them easier. The flowers were soothing, however. A great choice for an OB-GYN office. I was told to sit on the examination bed and I relaxed on it while Izuku sat in one of the chairs in the room. The room had its fair share of plants as well and was a nice dusty rose color. I loved it and made a mental note to remember the color. Might have to convince Shota to let me paint the office this color... I'm sure he wouldn't mind with the right bargaining chip.

"Midoriya Hoshimi?" I raised my head and smiled.

"Yes, Doctor Hajime." I reached out and shook the hand She had offered. Doctor Hajime was a middle-aged woman with what looked like a mutation quirk. She looked half-cat half-human with the ears and tail of an orange cat.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Midoriya-san," She began, "I've heard we're here to check up on you and baby? And to find out a rough estimate of how far along you are?"

I nodded, noticing Izuku watching us talk, "Yes, Ma'am. I just found out I was expecting a week ago and the doctor immediately recommended me to you!"

She smiled, "I heard about that too." Doctor Hajime noticed Izuku watching silently, "And who have you brought with you today?"

I laughed and ruffle my brother's hair, him trying to stop me, "I brought my little brother. My boyfriend is in the hospital right now, unfortunately, and threatened him into coming along."
My brother flushed, grabbing my hands to stop me, "Aizawa-Sensei did not force me, Hoshi-Nee!"
I laughed again, "whatever you say, Izu-chan."

Doctor Hajime smiled and cleared her throat, "I'll make sure to give you a detailed note for your boyfriend so He's not missing out then, Midoriya-san. Shall we get started on this checkup?"
—--------------------------------------------

Doctor Hajime was very good at her job. Izuku asked her a lot of questions about what she was testing, and she answered in easy-to-understand terms. Izuku loved learning new things and I loved seeing him get excited at every new piece of information he gained. Even if it was for pregnant women and their health.

She took my blood pressure, which was normal, and also measured my weight, which was as normal as could be. For now. Doctor Hajime told me that most pregnant women gain a few pounds in the later months. I was also required to pee in a cup.

"The good news is you're not far along enough to have any swelling in your hands or feet or face. No signs of preeclampsia as far as I can see. I'm sure your breasts are feeling tender by this point, However."

I sighed and nodded, pretending not to notice how Izuku flushed at the mention of breasts. He'd get used to it if he wanted to keep coming to these appointments with Shota and I in the future.

"Well, Midoriya-san, I'd say you and baby are perfectly healthy so far! If you want I can take a listen to baby's heart rate through a Doppler monitor. It's still too early to discover the gender, however."
I nodded eagerly. I wanted to hear it and I looked at Izuku to see his eyes sparkling. He wanted to as well.

Doctor Hajime hooked me to the Doppler and I nearly cried at the fluttering noise that filled the examination room.

"That's my baby...?" I whispered with my hand coming up to my mouth in awe.

"Yes, Midoriya-San," Doctor Hajime smiled at me softly as she put a hand on my shoulder, "That's your baby's heartbeat."
Behind me, Izuku began crying like a baby. 

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for being patient with me these past few months. I was incredibly burnt out and I didn't want to force myself to write for fear I would no longer enjoy it. 

I do not know when the next chapter will come out. I'm rewatching what's out currently so it may be a hot sec. 

Thank you all for supporting me and my stories.

-Mila

P.S. I am not pregnant and I have never been pregnant so I do not know how accurate this was in terms of OB-GYN appointments. Google is nice.