Chapter Six

I knocked on the door to the hospital room with a smile, "Knock knock! Who's ready to escape this place?!"

I heard a tired sigh and giggled, "Hoshimi, please get me out of here. I don't think I can spend another second around this blond idiot."
I hear Hizashi let out an offended gasp, "As someone who's been with you in this hospital room when Hoshimi can't be, that is offensive!"

Hizashi got no response and I laughed, "sorry, Hizashi. We both know I'm his favorite between the two of us."

No one tried to argue with that fact and I giggled. Shota was still a mummy man, but he was allowed to walk around. Just wasn't allowed to take his arms out of the double slings unless absolutely necessary. He knew I would sick Recovery Girl on him if he did.

Hizashi pouted and flung an arm around my shoulder, "Man, I can't believe you left me alone with this grouch, Hoshimi. Can't believe your mom and brother needed so much help lately..."

Shota and I had both decided to wait until he was back to teaching to tell anyone we were expecting. I shared the news Doctor Hajime had given me in private and he was so in awe, I could tell based on his voice.

Doctor Hajime had told me that I was about 12 weeks into my pregnancy, and gave me a rough due date that Shota and I were very excited about. October 5th. That was the rough due date when we could expect our baby to be born. I marked it on both of our calendars, along with the date of our next appointment which would be next month.

I wrapped an arm around Shota carefully, "c'mon, Shota. Let's go break you out of the joint."
Shota gave a short laugh at my description as we walked out, Hizashi trailing behind like a lost puppy.

—----------------------------------

I signed the discharge papers as fast as I could, and with Hizashi's help got Shota situated in our car. He pretended it was nothing to me, but I could tell he was in pain from his injuries still. I wanted to be as gentle as possible with him currently.

Hizashi climbed into the back seat and I shot him a short glance. He was coming along to help out for a bit at the apartment.

It was quiet until I began the conversation, "I may or may not have gotten you something you've been wanting for a while. As a recovery gift." I bit my lip as I smiled at Shota.

His eyes narrowed, "Hoshimi." It was a scolding kind of tone and I bit my lip again.

"Shota, you've been wanting this for awhile. I gave in and got you it."

"Hoshimi." There was a warning hidden behind my name. He never outright said he wanted something but I could read him by now.

"Shota." I returned the favor and raised an eyebrow as I pulled into our small home. We might have to move before the baby comes... Or we could just break down the office and make it into a small nursery... Shota was a man who wasn't fond of extravagant things. I didn't blame him.

Hizashi and I helped him into our house and I waited for a second as his surprise came bounding clumsily into the room-

"A kitten!" His gasp was so cute and I giggled. Besides me, obviously, Shota's weakness was cats. He adored them and had been wanting one for a while.

I moved him to the couch and he watch me as I grabbed the ball of fluff to sit next to him. I allowed him to take a hand out of a sling to carefully pet the kitten.

This was the man I loved. A man who was soft for me and cats only. And eventually our future child.

I bit my lip with a smile as I watched the kitten be playful with the mummy man, "You've wanted one for ages... So I finally got you one as a welcome home present, Shota."