Chapter 19: Hermione's Sunday

Today was, thankfully, Sunday, and not to mention Hermione's birthday, which meant we not only got to rest from school but also celebrated her fourteenth birthday.

I went to Hogsmead this morning with the help of the Twins and Ginny- and picked out something for the third-year Gryffindor. At first, I was a bit hesitant about what to get her, but she reminded me of my sister/best friend back home, so I decided to go with what seemed to match her persona.

I managed to get everyone under wrap and made a small surprise party for her in my dorm after breakfast, which was not that hard since Hermione went straight to the library after breakfast. I assigned Ginny distraction duty in case she decided to leave earlier than we were ready, Ron with 'Hermione' duty (a.k.a getting her to come to the Gryffindor tower and my room). I then assigned George and Lee to snack duty and then Harry and Fred to decoration duty, which was not a bad idea, surprisingly, as Harry kept Fred on point and vice versa with Lee and George.

I also got to see some Fred and Harry interaction that isn't shown much in the movie, so that's a plus!

"Alright, It looks pretty good...all things considered." I grin teasingly, high-fiving Harry and getting a peck and hug from Fred. Much to Harry's amusement.

"Thanks!"

"Wait... what do you mean, 'all things considered'?" Fred questioned as Harry walked away to join Lee and George chilling on the sofa.

"Well, it's just... you know? You sometimes goof around before taking something seriously, so the decorations came out better than I expected." I explain awkwardly.

He stares with a mixture of hurt and amusement.

"Well then, angel, I see how it is." he scoffs, shaking his head as he stalks off towards the others.

I stand in my spot, more perplexed, slowly blinking, as I wasn't expecting him to get upset at my comment. It was more of a joke, as I know he can be a serious person when he puts his mind to something. Not to mention, we joke around like that all the time. So I'm struggling to find out why this time is different. 

I hesitated as I wasn't sure if I should approach him about it, taking a step forward, thinking I should talk with him but stopped as I saw he looked in a better mood with his brother, Lee, and Harry, so I didn't want to ruin that as I wasn't sure if he would still be upset.

I have noticed that even though Fred is a kind, free, adventurous, and happy guy, he can get hot-headed pretty easily- I mean, not to the point where it's concerning, but still pretty angry.

Exhibit A: The fight between him and Adrian, and exhibit B: When George and Lee wouldn't leave us alone last week, he got into a small argument with his brother over it, but they were able to talk things down afterward. So I try not to let a situation like an argument get out of hand so fast as I know it will take a while for him to cool down.

I decided to just go down to the library and see where we were at with the Hermione situation and give the signal that we were a go. I walk over to the chair closer to the fireplace to fetch my robe, ironically lying on the back of Fred's seat. Once I slip it on, I explain my plan and head out. I ignore the confused glances from the other three boys as I don't say anything to Fred on where I was going, rolling my eyes I wave at them over my shoulder and warning them to not mess anything up while I was gone.

I dash over to Ginny when I spot her mane of red hair behind a shelf of floating books that, not surprisingly, are floating over the one and only Hermione Granger.

"Pstt! Gin!" I whisper behind the bookshelf closer to her.

As soon as she turns, I give her a double thumbs up and smile so she knows I will send in her older brother to get them. Once I get a nod in return and smile, I turn and make my way to the other Weasley hiding outside the library door.