Chapter 46: Where he belongs...

Today is the day Harry finally gets to stay with us. We can finally be one big and happy family.

I feel for Sirius as he looks like he is about to bounce off the walls as Remus tries to explain to us, mostly him, about the plan for today. As we stand there at seven in the morning, out in the backyard before the old, rusty tire that he plans on using to get to the Dursley's house.

"Alright," Remus sighs, knowing him trying to relax his nervous and excited best friend would not work. "I should go now so poor Harry won't have to stay any longer at the dreadful place,"

"You two behave while I'm gone, alright?" He teases, motioning between the Animagus and me.

I chuckle, stepping over to give him a quick hug, "I will make sure Sirius doesn't go shedding all over the couch or peeing from excitement,"

The long-haired man immediately pushes me over at my teasing but smiles widely as he pats his friend on the shoulder before stepping back with me so Remus has space.

"I will make sure this one doesn't go overboard with the baking,"

"It helps when I'm excited or anxious!" I explain, once more, with a playful groan and an eye roll.

"Plus, Harry said he's been wanting to try my brownies so I'm baking those for him today," I stick my tongue out at Black.

Remus chuckles, shaking his head at us before placing both hands on the tire and he disappears. Not bothering to get into our playful banter.

"Yeah, well it wont help us all one bit when we start looking like Harry's uncle and cousin," Sirius teases, wrapping me up under his arm as he turns us to head back inside.

I roll my eyes, not deciding to comment any longer as I pull away and head into the kitchen to check on the dessert that is heating up in the oven.

"Did you by chance finish setting up his room?" I call out.

It's silent for a while before Sirius yells out from the livingroom. "Yes dear!"

I chuckle, knowing he was thinking hard on if he truly finished setting up Harry's room, that he volunteered to do and even picked the location, being the room between mine and his bedroom.

"Alright, just making sure," I chuckle as I turn off the oven and pulling out the glass pan.

"They ready?" Sirius walks into the room with a grin as he breaths in the mouth-watering scent of the walnut brownies.

"Yes, but none for you, mister," I giggle as a pout forms on his lips. "You don't wanna end up like the Dursley's, remember?"

"I revoke my sentence form earlier. Please, don't ever stop making desserts for us," He pouts like a child.

I roll my eyes, playfully patting the top of his head as he is bent down to get a closer look at the dessert. He peers over at me with a lopsided grin, before he suddenly snaps back up straight and turns his head towards the door on the other side of me.

We make eye contact as we stay silent before the sound of low talking starts coming from the backyard causing us to scramble over our feet and over each other. We try sabotaging each other as we make out way out the door and running at full speed to the wide-eyed raven, haired boy and the werewolf beside him.

"HARRY!" Sirius and I yell in sync. Both holding our arms wide open for the boy who looked panicked on who to go to first.

The poor boy didn't really get a choice at all as he is squeezed between us in a giant hug. Sirius rocking us both a bit on our feet as his arms hold tightly around us. Harry and me giggle at his action but enjoy the feeling of his hug.