Chapter 54: The three... four champions?

"Sit down, please." Dumbledore orders, "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion's selection!"

Dumbledore approaches the blue flame, and it glows red. A name on a strip of parchment comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously as we wonder whose name it was... well, everyone beside me. I sat between Fred and Ginny with excitement, trying to contain my fangirling. Every student scrambled into the room after lunch, almost running others over as no one could contain their excitement on finding out who the champions were for the upcoming tournament.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang crowd cheered, though I felt like Ron was possibly the loudest as he stood up and started clapping and hooting loudly. Another parchment comes flying out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour."

The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up, and I clap loudly for her, cheering her on. We make eye contact momentarily, and she offers me a friendly wave.

We ended up having a few classes together as Beauxbatons and Durmstrags were staying for a while. We have been getting to know one another during and after class, and she is awfully sweet. She got excited when she found out I knew a bit of French as well.

"Since when have you been friends with Fleur Delacour?" Ginny comments, loud enough for the three boys sitting before us to turn around abruptly with wide eyes beside a snickering Hermione.

"We have a few classes together," I shrugged, acting like it was nothing as another name came out.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

All the Hogwarts students cheered as Cedric took the stage with a bashful smile, waving out to the crowd as he stood beside the other two champions before Dumbledore.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore claps his hands, "We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!"

Everyone kept on cheering, though my focus was still on the goblet. It suddenly started to grow red once more, and another small piece of parchment flew out.

We all watch in anticipation as Dumbledore takes it hesitantly before he reads...

"Harry Potter." The older man's expression turns to confusion, "Harry Potter?"

"No... No." We hear Hagrid shaking his head in disbelief as well.

I frowned, leaning down and squeezing the boy on the shoulder as he sat there in shock, and everyone else was dumbfounded as well.

"Harry Potter!"

"Go on Harry," I mutter, nudging him.

"Harry for goodness sake." Hermione comments, basically nudging him up and out of his seat.

We watch as Harry slowly walks down the parted bleachers to the four standing by the goblet. Dumbledore gives him the paper, and that's when everyone seems to break out of their shock.

"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!" Someone yelled after him, causing the whole room to erupt in loud chattering.

"Silence!" Dumbledore called out, a slight frown evident.

The room falls silent, but you can still feel the annoyance of the majority of the students, with Harry's name in the goblet.

"You are all dismissed for the rest of the evening free of classes before dinner," Dumbledore informs us, causing a low rumble of joy. The sea of students still glared or looked at Harry as they all piled out to go do who knows what.