𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚖 | 𝟹 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

3 June 2005

FRIDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

"𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 thing all these girls are doing."

Emma Sano spoke up, still keeping her attention on her flip phone. Both her and [y/n] were spread across Emma's double bed, [y/n]'s back being propped up against the wooden backboard with multiple pillows while Emma had her head resting on her stomach.

Le Tigre's 1999 album was playing as background noise from the computer's speaker, although the volume was turned down as Mikey had already voiced he was going to sleep.

It was a regular friday night for them, first going out to do whatever pleased them before coming back to Emma's.

[y/n] paused, momentarily stopping chewing the gum in her mouth. The comment she made was enough to make [y/n] worried.

"What now, I swear, it better not be a new 'makeup hack'. Remember last time you stained my eyes black for a week–" [y/n] began before Emma cut her off.

"Nope! It's much cooler than that."

Emma sat back up, dragging herself off the bed, and walking over to her closet doors. Her action also made [y/n] sit up, watching her slide open the mirrored doors.

"I got these kodak disposable cameras–" Emma said excitedly, pulling out a handful of small boxes, "–I'm going to make a scrapbook dedicated to Toman!"

The idea almost made [y/n] laugh. Something as cute as a scrapbook for Toman? However, having a book of photographs and memories to look back on later in life didn't sound like a bad idea.

"That... actually might be a cool idea. Though, I don't know if all the guys will be down to have a camera in their face," [y/n] pointed out, making Emma puff out her cheeks.

"I'm sure they'll be fine," Emma states, placing down the multiple boxes onto her bedside table.

Emma begins to tear open a box, pulling out one of the black and yellow cameras, and putting the viewfinder up to her face. She smiles, turning to face [y/n].

"We should take a selfie! To have as a commemoration for the front of the scrapbook," Emma states, sitting down next to [y/n].

Emma jumps to wrap an arm around [y/n]'s shoulder, lifting the camera to face both of them, hovering her index finger over the control button.

"Wait a second!" [y/n] states hurriedly, trying to make herself a bit presentable in Emma's sudden decision. Emma snaps the photo, and [y/n] knew it was most likely not the best. Although, it didn't really bother her as not many people were going to see it anyways.

Emma's smile grew as she brought the camera back in front of her, "there should be about 27 film, well, now 26," she states, fingers tracing over the plastic camera and turning the key to wind to the next frame, "after that we take it to get processed."

"You seem really excited about this," [y/n] observed, a small smile growing at Emma's contagious mood.

She nodded her head, looking up to face [y/n], "I'm going to make our scrapbook look so good–" Emma began, and [y/n] knew she was about to start another rant "–I'll need stickers, oh and pretty paper, and that new brand of washi tape that has those cute cat designs."

She began listing, using her fingers to count. [y/n] just watched her sudden burst of energy, deciding to just listen and nod along.

"Hey, since it's the beginning of summer the guys and I are planning on going to the beach, why don't you tag along and start the book then," [y/n] offers with a half-smile, causing to Emma to almost burst with excitement.

"OMG! Yes! When is it?" Emma asks, already turning to check her calendar for the month.

[y/n] hums, "I believe Draken decided on sunday since the forecast says 30 degrees with almost zero chance of rain," she recalls, hand placed on her chin in thought.

"Perfect, I'll definitely be there," Emma states with a clap, her shoulders beginning to droop.

As Emma began to yawn out, [y/n] began to feel lethargic herself, noticing the electric clock showing 2:42 am.

"Well, I'm ready to hit the sheets," Emma says while rolling out her shoulders before lying back onto the mattress.

[y/n] agrees with a nod, moving to pause the music and shut down the computer, then turning off Emma's lights.

As [y/n] joins Emma in bed and both of them get comfortable, Emma says a soft "good night," before turning over to her side, back facing [y/n].

[y/n] responds with a "good night" as well, closing her eyes to feel sleep drift her unconscious.

| 782 words |