CHAPTER 6

Hello friends...
I am back with the next part...
Enjoy reading the update...

SASSY GIRL HAS MY HEART

CHAPTER 6

Sameer and Naina continued chatting the whole night and talked about their future. Fortunately, both had the similar dream and wanted to join the same University in New York. Sameer was going to help Naina with her studies so that she could fulfil her own dream and be self-sufficient. She had told him that she didn't want her parent's money once she finished her graduation here.

Sameer now knew that Naina had a dreadful childhood which had affected her in many ways and she had inculcated those bad habits due to it. Since past one week, he had observed that she wasn't drinking or smoking. He had seen those cigarette packets and the bottles of alcohol stashed in a black polyethene bag. He had asked Naina why she had kept in the living room. But before she could reply, Shanta aunty had picked up that bag and thrown it in the dustbin.

Sameer was stunned with that act while Naina had smiled in response. He could never forget that day as he saw her getting rid of her bad habits slowly and steadily. But after knowing that she did not receive parents love, care and security from childhood, he wanted her to experience it first-hand. When Naina was feeling drowsy, he had asked her to take few hours of sleep till Shanta aunty would arrive.

When he retired to his apartment in the wee hours, he was restless. He wanted her to believe in love, in family... but how could he do that? He saw that she had trusted him enough to share her past with him but what about love, what about feelings? It was difficult for him to gauge her inner feelings and know her stance on their friendship.

Sameer knew that she respected him a lot and to some extent, she liked him too. But what about love??? He wasn't sure if he had seen any kind of reciprocation of those feelings from her side. He had to do something to bring her out of her shell and live her life happily without feeling alone anymore. He wanted to give her all the love and happiness that she had missed since childhood. But how can he do it?

As he stood under shower, he thought incessantly about plans to make Naina feel loved and wanted. Whatever her parents did was all in the past, now he only wanted her to feel special and most importantly, loved. As he came out of the washroom, he heard his mobile ringing.

He smiled watching the name of the caller-id and instantly picked up the call. "Munna... kaisa hai? Itni subah subah tujhe meri yaad kaise aa gayi? Ghar pe sab thik toh hai naa?" Munna shouted from the other end, "Jab hamara best friend hume bhool jaaye toh fir mujhe phone toh karna padega naa, kyun Ponga? Zara pooch isse ki isne peechle ek hafte se humse kitni baar baat ki hai?"

Pandit chuckled from the other end on the conference call and replied, "Chenu... tu ekdum sahi keh raha hai. Hamara dost ab paraaya ho gaya hai. Jabse isse iski dream girl mil gayi hai, yeh toh hume bhool hi gaya hai. Naa toh hume call karta hai, naa koi message bhejta hai aur jab hum call kare toh aise poochta hai jaise humne koi gunaah hi kar diya ho?"

Sameer chuckled hearing his best friends' taunts and well... they were right. He hadn't talked to them since last week. He had called his mother and Dadu few times but not them. His calls were very limited and mostly ended in few minutes. What could he do, when all he kept thinking was about his dream girl and staying with her all the time? When he didn't reply to his friends, they again shouted at him from the other end, breaking his thoughts.