nine.

beyoncé knowles point of view
miami, fl
november 5 2021

Onika was calling me. It was late, she probably only wanted one thing.

I was bored and she can be entertaining sometimes so against my better judgment, I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey Bey, I need help."

"Help with what?"

"I was trying to fill out this thing for the GED shit but I'm confused."

"Really?!" It made me so happy that she was going to listen to me and try.

"Yeah. Can you come over and help me?"

"I'm not sure I trust that.." She's probably going to try and kiss me again.

"Just come over, I'm not gonna do anything. I need help."

"Come pick me up, I'm at Robyn's house."

"Give me like 15 minutes."

"Okay, call me when you're outside. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up.

I sat around and waited until she texted me that she was outside to knock on Robyn's door.

"Come in!"

I opened the door and peeled my head into the room. "Hey, I'm about to head out but I'll be back soon."

"Where are you going?"

"I wish you would stop treating me like a child." She always does, she doesn't even like me sleeping in the apartment I pay rent for.

"I just want to know where you're going to be and you know why."

"Im going to Onikas house."

She scrunched her face up, "Onikas house?"

"I need to help her with something. It's nothing like what you're thinking."

"Hm well okay. Make sure to use a condom."

"We're not going to be doing anything that would require a condom, bye."

I left the room and got onto the elevator. I went out front where Onikas car was and got in the passenger seat.

"Hey baby mama."

"I am not your baby mama. But hi."

"You could be. Are you hungry?"

"No I just ate, thank you."

"Cool, cool." She drove us to her house and we went up to her house and sat down at her dining table.

"So first of all, I don't know how to make a pdf and I don't know how to get some identification shit onto the thing."

"But you know how to do everything else?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I helped her with everything else she needed help with and stayed with her while the filled everything else out.

"I'm really glad you listened to me about this."

"Are you still going to help me? I don't really know how to study."

"Of course."

"Do you want to stay and smoke? You owe me."

"Hmm why not?" I could use it.

"Go into my room, I'm coming in a second."

"Onika." I still don't trust her.

"Chill out, it's nothing like that.