Chapter 1

As much as I was trying to, I couldn't believe the texts Richy was sending me. It had been him the whole time. The threats, the calls, the attacks, everything...

I could still see Jessy crying behind her phone screen and shouting. It was heartbreaking to see her devastated. A close friend of hers had betrayed her and had been lying to her face the whole time. He had attacked her that night she was walking at the streets alone... He was faking that smile and concealing the truth instead of sharing it... And he had now done something that she will never get over of...

*incoming call from Alan*

"Hello Y/N. I- I have some news for you that are not really pleasant." he stumbled over his words

"I think my day is already ruined by what has already happened. How worse can it become?" I said jokingly

"You may have to reconsider that.." he made a small pause
"It seems that your friend lit the whole mine on fire." he finally announced

"No..."

"We are doing the best we can in order to save your friend. Firefighters are also in their way."

Hold on. What?

"Wait."

I was still thinking about Jake. I imagined Richy had gotten out of the mine.

"Richy is still in there?" I asked confused

"Yes Y/N. that's what I'm implying." he answered

I understood why Richy decided to burn the whole place down. He couldn't take it anymore...
Because he knew that what he had done was unacceptable and couldn't bear the thought of him being someone that gives threating calls, and most importantly kidnap.
But still, there was an alternative. Definitely not that...

I shaked my head trying to think and wiped the tears that were running down my cheeks.

"Mister Bloomgate, please. I want you to save Richy immediately. I don't think I'll be able to forget you if you just let him burn in there."

"We are trying our best Y/N." he answered with certainty

~~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes Alan reached out again.

*Alan is now online*

Alan : "Are you there?"

Y/N : "I'm here."

Alan : "I am really sorry to disappoint you."

What a wonderful way to start a conversation...

Alan : "We managed to put out the fire but unfortunately your friend..."
"He didn't make it."

Y/N : "No..."

Alan : I'm terribly sorry.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks again. My hand were now trembling and I couldn't control myself.
Although I've never seen this person in real life, he would always make feel like home when texting or calling. I would laugh at his jokes when he would be making fun of Jessy and she would be angry at him. Or the times when he would videocall me to scare me with those creepy legends. And now, it has been announced that he is dead.

Y/N : "you should mister Bloomgate"
"you really should."

Alan : "I am sorry for your loss."

I didn't answer to that. How could he be sorry? He was the one incapable of saving Richy.

Alan : "However, miss Donfort is safe."

That was a small win. But still, a loss is a loss.

Y/N : "At least you did something right."

Alan : "I'll take that as a thank you"
"And again, I'm sorry for your friend."