Chapter 4: Bang Bang Bang Bang

Fizzle jumped down the patio, landing on the alleys floor. "Hm, running a bit late are we?" She stared towards the figure in front of her, their white owl mask hiding their face. He didn't speak as he pulled out a pocket watch glancing at the time.

"So..." Fizzle drew out, drawing her lips to a fine line, a slight awkward clap to fill the silence. "You got me a job, or is this just a waste of time?" The firelight only looked at her once more. "Ugh," Fizzle slumped back dramatically "Come on Ekko, you were never this silent before"

They both froze at the felines words. Her hand clasping over her mouth, before slowly removing it. "Oops,," she shrugged with a sheepish grin.

-

The two sat in silence on the roof staring over the view of the Lanes. It was slightly awkward, but held a sense of familiarity and comfort for them. Something that reminded them of their childhood together.

Ekko was the first to speak, finally voicing his thoughts "I thought you worked for Silco" There was slight aggression in how he spoke of the name

Fizzle scoffed, "I'm not some lap dog if thats what you're asking. I have a life outside of that"

"Ah yes, Mercenary for hire" he sarcastically replied with a raised brow, an ever growing smirk

She chuckled "At least I'm making money, what do you do? Fly around on your board pushing people off heights?"

Ekko rolled his eyes with a smile, giving the feline a slight shove against her shoulders just for her to retaliate by flicking him with her tail. The two released small giggles at the playfighting, it felt as if nothing had changed over the years and they were back to where they left off.

The laughs subsided into a content sigh, Ekko eyes made contact with Y/n's the two pausing. Ekkos gaze only narrowed to that of slight sorrow, "Y/n," He called, his hand reaching out towards her. "Can I have your help?"

The girls (e/c) gaze flickered towards Ekkos hand, a smile creeped up her lips as she clasped his hand into hers, pulling him in for a hug. "Always."

--

"Look what we got here" the rattling and clinks of glass shifting was heard as bright e/c eyes slowly opened. Her blurry vision clearing as they carefully moved from her lap towards the three street rat men digging through her pouches on a desk. While waiting for them to actually pay attention to their 'prisoner' She took the chance to look around the dark and musty room. Nothing special, she seriously did wonder why her client was so admin on killing these men, but a jobs a job and as long as she got paid she didn't care much.

Fizzle rolled her eyes from the wooden chair she was tied to, watching the idiots mess with her stuff was suffering enough. One of them picked up a small beige sachet, examining it before shrugging and throwing it towards the ground over his shoulder. Once floor contact was made a large orange explosion of smoke filled the area. The group of men coughed violently and Fizzle only internally face palmed.

"Randy you dumbass!" The leader seemed to yell between coughs. Wanting to finish whatever this was the female cleared her throat calling attention to her. "Well, well, well look who finally awake." The boss, -who if she remembered correctly was named Zero. Which was fitting since he looked like a 0/10- strutted his way over towards the girl.

He placed his hand onto the backing of the chair and leaned in towards her face, his disgusting breath that reeked of tooth decay and last weeks trash, fanned her s/c skin as he spoke. Fizzle recoiled away. "What should we do with you?" Zero asked seductively or tried at least as he ran his finger through her hair. Leaning back farther Fizzle launched her face forward smacking her forehead against the bridge of Zero's nose, hearing a satisfying sicking crack.