Chapter Two

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since the bathroom incident and things were going normal. Until today. Sal quickly packed up his stuff and tried to get out of his math class. Sadly he wasn't fast enough. "Sal can you come here a moment?" Mrs. Packerton asked.

He sighed and walked toward her desk which was also being accompanied by Travis. "Ma'am?"

"Okay I was wondering if you'd be willing to help Travis here in his studies." She said. Sal looked at Travis and then at her. "All that means is you we sit next to him and help him when he needs."

Sal looked at her and that at Travis again. "Um are you okay with this?" He asked. Travis nodded. "Then I guess." He said with a shrug.

"Great." She said smiling. "You guys can go now." Sal nodded and speed walk out of their. Travis following after.

"Hey!" He snapped. Sal stopped walking and faced him. "I don't need help."

Sal rolled his eyes and went back to walking. "Okay. I'm not gonna ask her to move me. I can see the board better next to you." Travis caught up to him. "Now I'm meeting with Ash, do you need anything?"

Travis clicked his tongue. "No." He said. After they parted. Sal went to Ash and Travis went, well Travis went somewhere.

"What did Travis want?" Ash asked.

Sal opened his locker discarding his belongings. "Nothing." Ash wanted to press for more information but didn't . "Come on." He said.

They smiled and followed after him. The went into lunch room which was obnoxiously loud. As always. "I brought lunch and I'll meet you at the table." Sal shimmed his way into the lunch and got his lunch as fast as he could.

He took his usual spot and unbuckled the bottom strap or his mask. "Hey Todd." The time he got see Todd was at lunch. It honestly sucked.

"Hey Sal." Todd said with a sweet smile. "I'm going to Neil's later so I wouldn't be coming over."

"Damn." Sal said.

Sal hated being alone. He was always trying to have someone over or be with someone. Because if you're not alone your mind doesn't go places it shouldn't.

Larry was going somewhere with his mom, Ash had work, chug and maple had a date, and now Todd was going to Neil's. He's gonna be okay. He spent 15 years alone he can last a night.

Sal sighed. He was zoning out of the conversation the table was having. He wasn't interested. They were talking about a movie Larry wanted to see.

Larry had a good taste in music but when it comes to movies he was the worst.

Sal looked around the lunch his eyes landing on Travis' table. He wasn't there. Their was a empty plate but no Travis. *Hey I'll be right back." He jumped and made his way to the boys bathroom once more. Is this a good idea? Probably not. Well that stop Sal? No.

He pushed the door open quickly checking if anyone else was in there. Once he was done he hopped up on the sink. "Hey." He said quietly.

Travis cleared his throat. "Are you stalking me or something?" 

Sal laughed, kicking his feet. "I'm just checking on you."

"Well don't." Travis snapped.

Sal scoffed. " I do what I want." Travis tsked. After a few awkward moments Sal spoke. "What happened?"

"Nothing!" Travis snapped. "Just go away homo."

Sal sighed and hopped off the sink and moved toward the stall door. "Travis." His voice was calm. "Come on. Talk to me. What happened?" His voice was so low and steady. It made Travis feel warm.

"Fuck off." Travis said again his voice shaky.

Sal sighed and knocked on the stall door. "I'll leave it thats truly what you. But last chance before I." He said stepping back. "You wanna talk about it?"

Travis scoffed so Sal made his way to the door. Suddenly the stall opened. "Wait." He said. Sa turned around.

Sall looked at the poor boy. His eyes were red and puffy and his nose was running. Sal hopped onto the sink. For a good minute that just sat their. Sal playing with his sleeves, and Travis picking is nails. "Travis." He said again. "What happened?"

"Uh." He said. He cleared his throat. "My um dad. Fuck." He was crying again. Sal jumped down and reached to cup Travis' face. Travis flinched at first but quickly leaned into it. "I- I guess I burnt his dinner or something I don't know but he was uh punishing me, he just went a little to far. It's fine. If I act like a faggot I should get treated as one."

Oh. Something clicked in Sal. That's why. "I don't why he thinks he get to treat you that way." Sal said. "I'm so sorry Travis." Travis moved away from Sal's grasp.

"He treats me like that because Im a sinner." Travis said bluntly. "Sinners get punishments."

Sal shook his head. "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." Travis glared at him. "Matthews 7:1." He hopped onto the sink again. "Your dad isn't God. He has no right to 'punish you'. God says himself that everyone sins all he ask is for you to ask for forgiveness."

Travis stood there his mouth slightly agape. "I- you know the Bible?"

"I grew up Christian." Sal said with a shrug. "Your dad is abusing the Bible. Not reciting it."

Travis cried harder. "You- you don't what the fuck you're talking about."

"Travis." Sal said sternly. Travis gave Sal a sad look. "Hey." He said, grabbing onto his arm. Sal was about to jump down again when Travis clasped into his arms. Sobbing. He was shaking and Sal's shirt was getting wet from the tears. "Shh." Sal said, gently rubbing the boys back. "Go ahead let it out."