Chapter Nineteen

Sal took the controller from Ash. "You suck at this." Ash shot him a glare and made her way to the kitchen.

Larry groaned.  "You're way to good at this." Sal shrugged. "This game is fucking stupid."

"Or you're just bad." Chug noted taking the controller from Larry.

Sal started a new game, feeling his phone vibrate. "Mable?" He waved the controller toward her.

"Sure." She took the controller.

Trav :): Hey, can I come over

Sal <3: yesss

Sal <3: but my friends are over rn

Trav :): that's fine

Trav :): I just wanna get out of the house

Sall looked up. "Does anyone care if Travis comes over?"

Ash put a cold soda against Sal's neck. "Oh? Travis huh?" She dragged out her words.

"Shut up." He said taking the soda.

Larry rolled his eye, and took a soda from Ash. "But yeah Sal, your chruch boy can come over."

Sal took a sip of his soda. "Here." Maple said handing him back the controller. It seemed like she had lost. Sal started playing.

Larry was right, Sal was really good.

Their was a knock which everyone had assumed was Travis. "I'll get it." Larry said.

Sal pulled his legs up so Travis could sit down beside him. Sal had gathered that Travis didn't really like talking to people so he was trying to keep him comfortable.

Travis sat down next to Sal, close enough that they were touching. "Uh hi." He said akwardly.

"Hey." Larry said nonchalantly. "We're playing Super Smash Bros."

"Cool." Travis said.

"Damn it!" Chug shouted.

Sal laughed. "Still undefeated!" Chug shoved the controller to Larry. "I haven't lost since we started playing."

"Oh really?" Travis asked. sal nodded and started the game again. Sal shifted uncomfortably and started playing.

Travis looked around before quickly pulling Sal's legs over his lap. Sal gave him a quick glance then focused back onto his game.

"Fuck!" Larry yelled.

Sal laughed.  "I will never lose." He sat up leaning against Travis' arm so he could look at Ash. "Another round?"

"We're not stopping until you lose." She bit.

Sal scoffed. "I'm not gonna lose."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chug was the first one asleep. Then it was Maple. They fell asleep during the movie they had put on. 

Travis fell asleep next. He passed out after Ash suggested playing Smash Bros again.

Larry and Ash fell asleep around the same time. After they spent a good few hours trying to beat Sal.

Sal didn't. He was still awake, he didn't want to fall asleep and wake up a little to late. He just thought it would be easier to stay up.

Sal weaseled his way away from Travis(who had fallen asleep on his shoulder) and went into the kitchen. He got himself some water and leaned against the counter.

"Sal?" Travis' sleepy voice followed him into kitchen.

"In the kitchen." He said quietly. Sal heard some movement and then saw Travis standing in the door way. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah." He said, walking into the kitchen. "It's okay though. Why are you still awake?"

Sal turned to put his cup in the sink. "I'm not tired." Travis wrapped his arms around Sal's waist, and rested his head on Sal's shoulder. "Oh hi."

"Your friends are a lot nicer than I thought they would be." Travis said. Sal smiled(not that you could see). "I actually really like hanging out with them."

"Really? That makes me so happy." Sal said.

Sal turned around and wrapped his arms around Travis. "Honestly I feel like they should hate me." Travis said.

"Why would you think that?" Sal asked.

Travis shrugged. "I mean if I were in their shoes I would hate me." He breathlessly laughed. "I was awful to you guys."

Sal shook his head. "Come on Trav we're not stupid." He let go of Travis and hopped onto the counter. "Like we all can put together why you acted like that."

Travis sighed and put his hands on Sal waist. "I guess that makes sense." Sal drapped his arms Travis' neck.

"I mean it's not hard to piece together something is going on at home." Sal played with the ends of Travis' hair.

Travis smiled. "You're beautiful you know that?" Sal eyes crinkled. Travis lifted Sal's mask to see his flustered smile. "I mean fuck just look at you."

"Anyway." Sal frantically tried to change the subject. "Why'd you wanna come over today?"

"I was home alone." He said. "I hate being alone, like I would rather spend time with my dad then spend time alone."

"I understand that." Sal replied.

Travis sighed. "Hey Sal?" He asked.

"Hm?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah, always."

Travis leaned forward, and kissed Sal. It was nice. Not to rushed and not to slow. They had definitely gotten the hang of it. Sal leaned forward more trying to deepen the kiss(if possible).

It felt like fireworks, everytime the two kissed.

Sal pulled away for a moment to breathe and then kissed him again. Travis pulled Sal's body toward him.

"Wait, Trav." Sal said

"What is that not okay?" Travis acted kind of panicked.

Sal shook his head. "No that's fine, it's just I think heard someone get up." Travis backed up and leaned against the counter, and Sal pulled his mask down.

"Sal? Travis? Why are you guys awake?" Ash croaked.

Sal waved his cup around. "Water."

"It's like 2 in the morning." Ash pointed out. "You're so weird."