Time and Truth

Staring at yourself in the mirror you had to admit you looked nice but you wished you had your jeans and a shirt to wear instead.

Headed to the kitchen you look around and you're not even sure where to start and decide opening the door would be a start

Headed to the kitchen you look around and you're not even sure where to start and decide opening the door would be a start. Too many books you had read about the sweltering heat of the kitchens and you knew how true that was.

But you are startled to see Charlotte and a man sitting beside her on the steps.

"Oh wow, why didn't you come in? It's colder than a snowman's ass out here." They both stare at you as if you are growing another head.

"Come inside both of you please. When did you arrive?"

Charlotte speaks as she warms her hands by the fire. "Stuart and I arrived at 5 am, Miss. That is what time we were given to be gone from."

"They sound like assholes. It's good that I found you."

Stuart chuckles and Charlotte is watching you so you speak rapidly.

"I'm so sorry for how I talk. But my parents owned ships and I was raised around that lifestyle and picked up things I shouldn't have."

They both nod. "It's quite all right Miss, Stuart has a mouth on him too. No matter how many times I box his ears."

You laugh delightedly looking at him. "You must like her to box them then Stuart?"

He laughs as well. "Ahh my Charlotte is still a bonny lass. I swear once a day just so she will."

"Once? Once Stuart I should box your ears for lying." But the smile and blush on her face say that she likes it just as much.

You are looking around for the coffee pot and giggle. Oh yeah let me get my K cups out.

"I don't mean to put you to work right away. But I would love a cup of coffee and we can sit and talk about what we can do to feed the people here."

Charlotte looks at you and smiles. "I think we are both going to enjoy working here."

And later you take the notes you had that Charlotte had jaunted down as who knew quills were difficult? You sit there fortified by the strongest cup of coffee you have ever had.

Eggs, bacon, potatoes as well as more coffee had been decided on for breakfast today, a pot of hot chocolate with cream and you had then planned out the menu for the rest of the week and this evening.

"I am most grateful to you. I was so tired of cooking the same things."

"I will be grateful to you as well. I can cook limited things. But I know what I like to eat."

Charlotte nods. "The dinner tonight seems strange to me but if you are sure it is tasty I will make it."

"I promise it will be very welcomed. Now let me get a jacket, it's still a little foggy. And then Stuart, we can take a walk around the grounds and talk about what you think needs to be done here."