✦ Chapter 3 | I'm Not Myself

Katrina

Over the first week of my training, I learned self-defence and using swords pretty quickly. Overall, I find it easy.

Ueta taught me the basics about all 12 elements, but she didn't teach me how to use them or show them since she doesn't have all of them. But she told me she only has the element of light and shapeshifting. She also said I'm learning to use them when I'm older with other trainers.

I  was training with my grandma on the third week because Ms. Ueta was out sick for the whole week. But, I noticed myself being so tired while training with her. Lately, I've been staying up all night, trying to teach myself how to read and look through books about using swords and self-defence, not getting enough sleep, and suddenly getting angry for no reason or even crying after eating.

"Katrina!  Get up! You're finished with training!" Grandma shouted. I got up from  the floor and started to drag myself toward the fitting room to change.  But grandma stopped me by putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Lately, you've been looking tired lately. Have you been staying up all night training?" Grandma asked, concerned.

"No, I'm fine. I didn't stay up all night training. I can't sleep well for the past few nights."

"That's  strange for you to say that. It doesn't sound like you've had any  trouble sleeping. Also, I've noticed you always cry or get mad without  reason."

"I said I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

There was a long pause

"Okay, let me tell you  this: Next week you're taking a break until I figure you out. You  haven't been yourself lately. Is it because of your mother and father--"

When  grandma was about to finish her question, one of the maids told us that  dinner was ready. I quickly changed into a causal dress and headed to  the dining room. My brothers Alex and Itachi were waiting. Grandma and I  sat across from each other at the dining table.

"Let's  eat." We said in unison, then ate. After eating, I rushed upstairs to  my bedroom to prepare for bed. (I took a bath before going downstairs  for dinner)

The next  forenoon, I felt I was sleeping longer than usual. My grandma woke me up  and said it was time for lunch. I was confused, but I checked my alarm  clock beside my bed.

It was 11:50 a.m.  Immediately, I got out of my bed and started to dress up, fix up my hair, and rushed downstairs.

"Katrina, how long have you been in your room?" Itachi asked.

"I don't know,"  I answered groggily. Grandma looked at me with concern.

"Katrina, we're going to see a doctor tomorrow," Grandma said. "They'll check what's the problem with you."

What? Why so sudden? Has she noticed I've been not feeling well? I didn't think much of it once I started eating my lunch.

After eating and cleaning up the table, my two younger brothers ran toward me, looking worried.

"Sis, we're worried about you. Are you sure you are okay?" Eni asked.

"Yeah,  you don't have time to play with us. You're always busy, just like mom and dad! They rarely spend any time with us!" I started to get irritated but tried to be calm and said to them, "Guys, I'm okay. Though, I have nothing to do today. So, let's go out to the backyard and do something  there, okay?"

"Okay!" They said.

I  asked grandma if my brothers and I wanted to go outside to the backyard. She said yes. So then we ran to the backyard, and in the  backyard, we mostly had some drawing stuff. We have paper, crayons,  pencils, and watercolors. We had fun laughing, talking, and showing our art. My brothers kept saying how my art looks fantastic also.

The next day, My grandma took me to a psychologist and checked what was wrong with me. The psychologist asked me questions; something about my mental health. I told them I didn't get proper sleep for the past few days, had a loss of appetite, how was suddenly mad than upset for no reason, and had a high and low energy level. After the questions that the psychologist had bombarded me with, they talked with grandma, and grandma was bewildered and started to look at me with a sad expression.