✦ Chapter 5 | "It's just taking your mind off of things."

I was zoning out while eating dinner with grandma and my brothers.

"Kat, are you alright?" Esme asked. "You look like you have seen a ghost."

"O-oh! Yeah, I am alright!" I sputtered. I then shoved the miso soup and udon up my mouth to finish."Sorry guys, I am just tired," I said, wiping my mouth. One of my butlers ran to get my plates, bowls, and silver wares, to the kitchen. "I am going to sleep early." I said, then ran upstairs.

I am very nervous about the envelope I will receive soon. But for now, I want to relieve my stress and do something fun for once. It has been a while; Finally, my time to listen to me about focus on taking breaks. I am excited about that Hello Kitty Land trip!

I got into my nightgown, brushed my teeth, and plopped onto my bed, sinking into the comfiness of my comfort zone: My bed and my bedroom. Unfortunately, I am out of my comfort zone due to overthinking what happened today. My mind has been in my work zone so much I rarely get into my comfort zone. But for real, let me sink in.

Nozomi (Katrina's Grandma)

I am glad Katrina is finally going at a slower pace after her hard work; it is good she finally listened to herself about having leisure. I guess she is getting better at combating her problems from the past. I guess she moved on after all. Though, it will be more difficult when she is queen at such a young age. I already taught her how to be a ruler while Katrina was homeschooled. I still have more for her to teach but that will be sooner or later.

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

Katrina
The next day, I woke up so cranky over the fact I sleep well last night; Oh wait, I stood up for four hours. I need to stop overthinking! I overthink a lot!!

"Ms. Mayumi?" Said the maid, Quinn, when knocking on my door. "It's time for breakfast."

"Alright," I replied. I wore a loose white shirt with my favourite Demon Slayer character, Tanjiro on it and a black mini skirt. I came downstairs, and grandma was the only one sitting and waiting.

"How did you sleep?" Grandma said as I sat down.

"Great," I answered. "When are we going to Hello Kitty Land?"

"June 5th. It has been a while since you have eaten breakfast with your brothers and me."

"It has been. But it is only because I am not hungry!"

"It's alright, I understand," Grandma assured. "We have macarons, rose and green tea, and chocolate croissants for breakfast! And a nice banana and strawberry smoothie!" Grandma perked up.

"Even elegant and delicious," I added.

"Good morning!" My brothers said as they ran into the dining room. As they sat down, the butlers came in with our sweet, aromatic food and drinks. They placed our food in the middle of the table and then started eating. As a kid, I loved macarons.

I always found them hard to make when my mother had a day off and she and I tried to make macarons for the first time. The first time failed because the cookies were burnt. The second time we were successful. I should also mention that we were making rose petal flavoured macarons since the first time we did, the second time we still did the rose petal flavour. It tasted very floral, and I cannot even describe words with this particular flavour. All I can say is it is my favourite flavour; We finished breakfast and started to work on some digital drawings. I do drawings to express myself sometimes.

✲꘏ ꘏ ꘏ ꘏✲

June 5th and my grandma had already booked tickets and prepared her luggage. I helped my younger brothers pack up. I should mention that we are not just going to Hello kitty land. We are going to Japan Universal studios and Tokyo Disney Resort.

My brothers and I were excited about this fun vacation. Never got a chance to experience these fun parks. Hopefully, this will cope with my stress and my slight mourning.

I should also mention another reason my grandma was planning to do this is for family bonding time, meaning we rarely spend time together.

While sitting on a plane, I looked over the sun setting and reminds me of when sometimes I look through my window, sunsets are so beautiful to watch because of the colors. It comes with purple, orange, and a slight bit of pink.

As I feel sleepy, I put on earplugs, a sleep mask, and sleep.