In a Dream

Officer Kaga's diary

May 21st, Sunny
I've been observing the factory for several days, and so far nothing has happened.
Today is the date agreed in the child's letter, and the riddle in the last letter is not difficult to resolve, or even too simple compared to the earlier ones, as if afraid that no one else will be able to break it. At any rate, there must be more deserve to dig deeper.
The fellow arrived at the gate of the station as promised,and I hid behind a hidden pillar and gazed at his every moves. Time passed little by little, sitting on the bench at the entrance of the railway station, he was always alone.
My feet started to go numb and I almost got down on my knees, but he finally sighed and got up to leave. Easing my stiff body, I took my long strides to keep up. I witnessed him enter a tavern, and soon a light came on in one of its windows. It wasn't exactly nothing, but at least I knew where the guy was going. I left the tavern and dropped by the factory.
I don't know how to describe it, but when I slipped from the back to my usual peeping position, the door was ajar, and two men were talking quietly inside A subdued, impassioned murmur was audible in the room beyond, and I leaned forward unashamed, trying to hear. The murmur trembled on the verge of coherence, sank down, mounted excitedly, and then ceased altogether." After years of preparation, our day is finally coming,and the final decision will be made on May 25th at a meeting in the abandoned port..."Hearing this,I was so excited that narrowly fell backward and stepped on a branch with a snap .I became motionless and heard if there was abnormal sound conscientiously. Fortunately, they didn't seem to hear anything.
After a long time, making sure they were all gone. I left.
I have written to superiors, requesting to secretly mobilize some support. It will be a thrilling battle, right?

May 22nd Windy
I got up early today for a lot of work to do, to prepare for the news I head last night, besides, to see if the guy made any other moves.
After breakfast I wandered downstairs to the boy's tavern and hid where I could see the gate The weather was too awful to do much today. I looked up at the overcast clouds and someone patted me on the shoulder. Shocked, I suddenly turned around and was astonished to find that it was the boy.
" I just thought, if there was ever a place to hide and watch the gate. this would be it." He explained contemptuously.
I stood frozen with my mouth wide open, and he stared at me with those incredibly proud, snobbish eyes. I was still stationary but he continued" I think we need to go somewhere and talk,don't we?" I promised, but remained acute of falling into a trap. His eyes were deep and tired, as if they had not slept well the night before. Finally, slowly, he said." I know the Liberal you're looking for. I can do you a favour."
Incredulously,I was about to open my mouth but when I looked up into his eyes.I was persuaded. That's a persistent,solemn and grave gazing.
"Why did you say that?"I asked.
" My best friend, Pole, whose father was the leader of the Liberal, was forced by his clad to get involved. Nevertheless. I knew it was a bottomless pit, this ridiculous revolution would not succeed, and I want him to live, to live well. It's a criminal organization. I promise to help you with everything,but only if you swear not to hurt him."He became more and more agitated. his mouth twitched, his face trembled.
He spat everything out in one breath, and our progress accelerated a lot. It was just time to meet with the support team, so I took him to our base to confer the next step.

A 19-year-old Diary
May 22nd Windy
This is definitely the worst day of my life.
Last midnight, Pole found me and took me to their base All the way there, he couldn't stop talking about his father with elation, who ho was most proud of, and what that great father had spent most of his life doing. Frequently I had feigned sleep, preoccupation or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon.
When we arrived at the door, he made eye contact with the guard and led me in Wedging his tense arm imperatively under mine, Pole compelled me from the gate as though he ware moving a checker to another square Turning me around by one arm, he moved a broad flat hand along the front vista,including sophisticated, neatly arrayed guns and a map with many marks. At this point, Axis appeared, Pole's father.
This is the first time I've met him. He is a sturdy man of fifty with a rather hard mouth and a supercilious manner.Two shinning arrogant eyes had established dominance over his face and gave him the appearance of always leaning aggressively forward. Not even the tight uniform could hide the enormous power of that body He seemed to fill those glistening boots until he strained the top lacing, and you could see a great pack of muscle shifting when his shoulder moved under his thin coat. It is a body capable of enormous leverage-- a cruel body.
His speaking voice, a gruff husky tenor, added to the impression of fractiousness he conveyed. There was a touch of paternal contempt in it. I looked at him. He has an erect carriage, which he accentuated by throwing his body backward at the shoulders like a young cadet. His gray sun-strained eyes looked back at me with polite reciprocal curiosity out of a wan, discontented face. Axis's lips fluttered. He nodded at me almost imperceptibly, and then quickly tipped his head back. I keep stationary. Almost any exhibition of complete self-sufficiency draws a stunned tribute from me.
"Glad to see you, sir" I faltered.
He ignored my greetings and spoke directly." Civilization is going to pieces. If we don't look out the dictatorship of the government, we will be submerged. It's up to us, who aren't the dominant race, to watch out or these other races will have control of things."broke out Axis violently."We've got to beat them down."
There was something pathetic in his concentration, as if his complacency, more acute than of old, was not enough to him any more. When, almost immediately, someone called him in for an emergency. Pole seized upon the momentary interruption and leaned towards me.
" I'll tell you a secret," he whispered enthusiastically." It's about a officer from the government. Do you want to hear about the pit for the officer?"
"That's why I came over tonight."
"Well, a few days ago, a man broke in, and things from bad to worse. He not only is a government official, but also seemed to notice something was wrong My dad spotted his poor acting skills and began to pay more attention to him Sure enough, he was often found hiding in the shadows at the back,peeping into the factory."Pole gave me more detailed description. It occurred to me now that I had seen him.
"So what are you going to do next?"I asked quickly.
"We had already put on a good show for him,pretending to discuss our meeting on the night of the 25th at the abandoned pier. He had fallen for it." He spoke triumphantly," The officer even stepped on a branch, but we pretended we didn't hear anything.I bet he was so nervous that almost fainted. Ha Ha Ha." He added" It was all my father's idea."Axis came back and murmured something close to his ear,whereupon Axis frowned, pulled back the door, and without a word went inside.
" Look, kid, this is a great revolution, and I've given everything I have got, and I'm fighting with my back ... I've killed anyone who disagrees with me, whose stupidity is only getting in the way. I took grain from the peasants. It was their duty to contribute to the revolution...Pole told me that you are smart and brave, and will definitely help us a lot, so would you like to join us."
I could not believe what I was hearing and turned to Pole, who was smiling at me.
"Wait. you mean, you killed all those innocent people?"
"They deserved it."He remarked decisively.
This annoyed me.
" What about the man who died in Pole's place" I clenched my fist and broke out with obvious suppression of anger.
"One of those stupid guys." He answered shortly.
" Brute." With such suddenness that I started Evidently it surprised me as much as it did Axis and Pole" You've been covering up your selfishness and hypocrisy with exaggerated statements, which are really headstrong and heartless..."My words clearly irritated him, and before I could finish, he lifted me with his sturdy arms and slammed me to the ground.
I staggered up and stared at him.
"keep an eye on him. Don't let him get away" He said as he opened the door."I don't need you to tell me what I should do."Pole lowered his head and kept silent. I shook his shoulder frantically to sober him up. "Are you possessed? He's a demon."
"He's not. He's my father. Over the years, on countless nights when he disappeared, I pictured what he would look like, where he lived and what he was doing. But when I actually saw him. I realized he was so much extraordinary than I thought."He shouted and waved his arms in the air.
He was only extemporizing but a stirring warmth flowed from him, as if his heart was trying to come out to you concealed in one of those breathless, thrilling.
"He is ferocious and I wish..."cried I with tense gaiety.
" We have to diverge, don't we?" He cut me off crossly. His eyes flashed around him in a defiant way, rather like Axis's. The instant his voice broke off, ceasing to compel my attention my belief.
The next thing he knew, without saying a word, he smuggled me to the train station, told me to get on the train, get to Macondo safely, and never come back." At least, you'll be safer than in Liverpool." He dropped this sentence coldly, finally looked at me a head also do not return of leave.
I watched the familiar stranger's retreating figure and made up my mind to go to the officer who had been following me.He was more than surprised at my coming.
For Pole, I am willing to do everything, the revolution is doomed to fail, what I have to do is to save him.
The officer called himself Kaga, and eventually, I succeeded in gaining his trust. On the way to his base, he suddenly confessed to me that one of his best friends had risked his life to save him just as I had.
He takes good care of me but still keeps me out of their discussion. Either way, is it better to go first.