Chapter Two

And on May 12th, at 2:45 p.m. a baby was born.
A beautiful baby girl with golden hair and emerald eyes.
Esther was shocked.
The man that night had said he wanted her appearance.
Maybe he forgot?
Maybe she lucked out of this whole ordeal, getting everything she desired without owing anything.

She brushed it off, basking in the publicity she got from being a single, capable mother.

Every year on the girl's birthday, Esther would host a big event, inviting high ranking people and paparazzi.
Rapunzel, the girls name, would be plastered everywhere.
It was extravagant, classy. A prestigious social event that everyone wished to attend.
The castle-like mansion was full of people and life.
Security guards protected every door.

That deal that Esther had made became forgotten. And after five years it didn't seem as though it was worth remembering.
Because even after all that time, her child remained a beautiful flower. Bringing love and joy wherever she went.
A perfect little girl to aid in Gothel's perfect reputation.

This birthday though, she was running late. The festivities had already begun, Esther had to quickly go to work to do something and the party remained on schedule.
At 2:45, Rapunzel will blow out the candles. Celebrating five years of this new tradition.
She stepped on the gas, missing Rapunzel's moment would look bad for her reputation.
She came through the house doors exactly one minute early and saw the little girl's face light up.
Esther walked up behind her and laid her hand on her back.
"It's time, my little flower." she smiled at the girl.
The girl smiled back, her pearly whites shinning.
She blew out the candles without hesitation, just as the minute passed.

And disappeared.