Chapter 14

Ash sighed, as Pikachu looked down, disappointed.

"I can't believe that!" Jenna cackled.

"Yeah!? Well, let's see what your Pokémon do!" Ash countered.

Jenna pulled up her fingerless glove, which contained her Key Stone. "Don't worry! Lucario hates sweets..."

Ash pouted, as he sat down with the others.

"Lucario! I choose you, buddy!" Jenna threw a Poké-ball.

"Ah, Lucario..." Leon sighed. "She uses him a lot when battling. Espeon is when she performs..."

"She performs!?" Chloe gasped.

"Well, use too, she's stopped recently..." Leon corrected.

"Rapidash!" Opal commanded.

"Aww!" Jenna squealed, then shook her head. "Focus!" She then glanced at Lucario. "Let's try it, shall we?"

Lucario nodded enthusiastically.

Jenna held out her right hand, and brushed her left hand over her Key Stone. It glowed, and Lucarionite floated out of Jenna's backpack to Lucario. Lucario absorbed the Key Stone, and growled.

Lucario then froze, his eye's going wide.

"L-lucario... What's going..." She collapsed to the ground, before she finished her sentence.

"Jenna!" Chloe cried. She immediately rushed down to Jenna, and held her hand firmly. "Jenna! What's going on!? Wake up! Please!"

Leon ran to Jenna. He picked up her other hand, and his body started quivering. "S-she's not breathing. We need to get her to a Pokémon Center, stat."

§

Nurse Joy came out with a weary expression on her face.

"Nurse Joy!" Everyone said, simultaneously.

"Is she ok!?"

"What happened!?"

"Is she breathing again!?"

Nurse Joy was bombarded with questions. Her only response was, "She's gone..."

Everyone froze.

"She's not breathing. We tried everything! Her heart monitor won't even move one bit! She's... She's gone," Nurse Joy sighed.