Chapter 3

"Are you sure I can't cancel?" Caitlyn said, tiredly. There, the woman laid sprawled on her couch, staring up at her best friend's face that took up the whole screen of her phone. In a couple hours, she'd be on her way to that stupid race Jayce had coaxed her into coming. She mentally scolded herself for giving up so easily, and blamed herself for agreeing to the many glasses of wine they had that night. Never, never again! she promised herself. 

"Don't you dare quit on me now!" Jayce's voice carried out throughout the lonely apartment, practically begging Caitlyn not to cancel. 

"I'm not even dressed yet." It was true, what she currently had on was a plain purple tee and some shorts and hell was she going in just THAT. Not to mention, she had no idea what to wear for this event. 

"Get dressed then!" 

Caitlyn rolled her eyes hard at that. " I would but it would appear I have no possible idea what TO wear. "

She got up from the couch and made her way to her room to search for an outfit. Leaving her phone on the bed, Caitlyn began pulling out random articles of clothing from her wardrobe and drawers while also listening to Jayce blabber on about gods know what. "Just wear something cool!" 

"Wow, you're such a big help tonight, Jayce."

" Hey, I'm always a big help~ " He said confidently. " And since I'm your bestest friend in whole of Piltover, I'm going to help you get that girls number."

" You couldn't even get Viktor's."

" That's because it's Viktor! Have you SEEN him? "

Caitlyn had only met Viktor a number of times, and in those times of meeting him she discovered Viktor was just as taken to Jayce as Jayce was to him. They were both hopless, and it was painful to watch but she found it rather sweet above all things. As happy as she was for them, Caitlyn won't admit she was a slight tad envyess, having not found a partner of her own.

Caitlyn sighs. " You know that's not why I'm coming, right ?" Then a small smile. " I'm coming to support my bestest friend in all of Piltover. " Not that she wanted to inflate Jayce's already massive ego, she felt like it was needed to be said. After all, he has did a lot for her in the past and even now. The least she could do was go and support her best friends race. " Anyway, that's enough cheesiness for one night, I'm going to go look for an outfit. I'll see you soon. "

" Promise? " Jayce asked, and Caitlyn could hear the hint of hopefulness in his voice.  She nodded, despite him not being able to see it and made the promise. " You really are the best, Cait. "

She smirked. " I know. "

After Jayce hung up,  Caitlyn returned searching and after it felt like minute's, she finally found and settled on a blue press crease detail roll tab sleeve blouse and jeans. Caitlyn threw it on and walked over to the mirror to look herself over, deciding to keep her hair down.

Maybe this could be fun. She could just imagine how furious her mother would be right now if she ever found out Caitlyn was going to one of these things.

–––––

Pulling up on her destination, The first thing Caitlyn noticed was the strikingly flashy cars, all situated in their individual spots. Next, was the several large gatherings of colourful dressed people surrounding the vehicle's. Caitlyn couldn't help her eyes expanding at the some of the barley dressed woman everywhere. Hardly appropriate really, but then again, some would consider it pretty appropriate for a Saturday night and she wasn't complaining per se.

As Caitlyn zipped and zagged her way through the busy crowd, with the occasional ' Sorry. ' ' Excuse me. ' ' Coming through.' and a few more apologies, she came up to an empty space to fit her bike. It was a Harley Davidson Street 750 and it was only when she slipped the helmet off did she notice the numerous eyes on her. It made her feel a little embarrassed, shy even, turning up to the street race without a car. Maybe she should've walked it? or gotten Jayce to pick her up.

No. Who cares what they thought ? and speaking of which, where was Jayce anyway ? Ignoring and pretending the stares weren't bothering her, Caitlyn looked around trying to see if she could spot her friend.

" Cait!  "

Ah, there he was.

The big hunk who was really just a giant teddy bear, pushed his way through the crowd toward her. Followed by the lanky fiqure of Viktor trailing close behind. " Jayce, Viktor. "
She hugged the two.

When the hugged terminated, Jayce was beaming. " I was starting to think you weren't going to show! "

Caitlyn scoffed. " Please, I promised you didn't I? and did you really think I was going to miss you getting your butt kicked ? " She said teasingly, striking his arm. Even Viktor gave a small chuckle.

" Ha ha. me! getting my butt kicked, you're kidding! I bet you I could kick everyone's asses here. "

" Is that right? "

Viktor, Caitlyn and Jayce all turned around to the new voice and oh my god. Caitlyn was convinced she had never seen such an attractive woman in her life. She was muscular, incredibly so. She sported a black tank top, accompanied with a sleeveless leather jacket which Caitlyn was thankful for because: ARMS. Due to her shamless staring, Caitlyn spotted the gear themed tattoos crawling up the back of the womans arms and she wondered, where did the tattoo end ? Trailing upward to her face, the woman had another tattoo, a small Roman numeral six written under her eye. She had a small scar going across her top lip, and a matching one across her eyebrow.

Fuck. She was just her freaking type!

Caitlyn quickly stepped between the extremely hot woman and Jayce. " Forgive my friend here , that was actually my fault. He meant no disrespect. "

Dissapointingly before the woman even got a chance to utter a word, the boy beside her spoke up. " Who the hell are you? pfft, imagine bringing a moterbike here, what? didn't get the memo?"

" Shut up Mylo. " She scolded, and Caitlyn melted at the sound. Fuck. " But seriously? Princess. You think this is some kind of exotic playground ? "

Caitlyn blinked. " Wha–" Now that was unexpected, and Princess? she did not. " No, of course not."

The woman chuckled dangerously, shaking her head. "We're gonna eat you alive. "

Unthreatened, Caitlyn just laughed softly.

"Hey! Don't underestimate her. I bet Caitlyn could totally beat your ass. Her moterbike against your car." Jayce unhelpfully declares.

Caitlyn watched as the scarred brow arched.  " Is that a challange ? "

" Excuse me. It was not." Caitlyn turns to glare at Jayce, only for it snap back to the pink-haired woman in a split second the moment she uttered these words.

" Ah, I get it. You're scared. "

" I'm sorry? "

" You're afraid of gettin beaten by lil ol me. "  she shrugged, but that only seemed to rile Caitlyn up more. " It's okay, Cupcake. I expected nothing more from a prim and proper piltie like you. "

Caitlyn's eye twitched, paitence thinning and her resistance cracking under the woman's taunts. "Don't call me that. " Ugh, this woman was totally frustrating! hot, but she hated how easily she got under Caitlyn's skin. " You know what. " It's decided. " Fine, you're on. I lose, the winner takes my bike. Clean and clear. "