Chapter 8 - Caught in the Crossfire

ASHTON'S POV

"Luckily the bullet didn't touch any major arteries, so just take a couple of days to rest, after that you'll be completely fine Alpha" said Dr. Stone. I was confused, hurt, angry beyond belief, but most of all I was glad to be alive.

Your probably wondering what happened or how I ended in this situation right? Well let me take you back to exactly 2 hours ago.

*Flashback to 2 hours ago*

*BANG!!!* "Ashton save me he's trying to kill me!!!* exclaimed my bestfriend running into my office.

"Better you than me" I mumbled, "What did you say? You know what better yet hide me" He said. I jumped up screaming "OH HELL NO!!! Does it look like I want to get shot!? huh!!!" I exclaimed as I started to panic.

"I'm sorry Ashton but I have to do this, VINCENT ASHTON SAID HE WAS GONNA GIVE ME AURORA!!!" he suddenly shouted while looking behind me. "WHAT!!!" I screamed fearing for my life.

The next the I know is that I got shot 4 times, 2 in my arms, 1 in the abdomen, and 1 shot that grazed my skull.

"You really shot him!!? I was just kidding you really shot him what are you?" Lucifer said looking shocked to see me get shot.

"I'M A GRANDPAPA!!!!" Father said. "Fine let's settle this with chess" Lucifer said.

"Chess?!! Let's go if I win you get shot, if you win, I'll reconsider shooting you in your heart" father said looking proud of what he just said.

"So either way I still get shot" Lucifer said pacified.

"Yup" father replied popping the 'p'. "Now lets go before I change my mind" he said turning around.

*Flashbacks over*

Truly bothersome indeed, but at least I get some time to myself. I'm going to spend all my free time with my daughter.

I'm not gonna give up my babygirl no matter what. I'd go to the ends of the earth just to keep her by my side forever. I just got her, I don't wanna lose her and worse of all not to my bestfriend. As I thought about I felt my blood start boiling at the thought of him.

I just wanna eliminate that son of a bitch, no offence but his mother really is a bitch; she left him when he was born.

LUCIFER'S POV

"Do you wish for death yet?" asked Vincent in a demonic voice. "Relax old man it's just chest but, check mate" I said in a British accent. He looked at me like I said I just killed his wife.

"Just chess?!!! Just chess you say!!!, it is the only reason your alive right now!!!" He shouted at me.

I shuddered, "I was just kidding" I said chucking nervously.

"You better be, or else there'd be some serious consequences" he said looking darkly at me while making his next move. 'What have I gotten myself into' I thought solemnly.

"Grandpapa what's that?" asked an innocent voice from the doorway. Our heads snapped to the door, our eyes connecting with Aurora who was holding her teddy bear and rubbing her eyes.

"It's chess princess, but come to grandpapa" Vincent said. Aurora slowly made her way to Vincent trying to not trip as she was still quite sleepy.

Vincent pulled her onto his lap letting her lay her head on his chest. "Did you go and visit your papa before you came here?" He asked her softly. "No Aurora too sweepy to walks to papa's dwoor"she said looking exhausted.

"Go to sleep then princess I'll be here, then we can go visit papa what do you say about that" he said smiling down at her. "Otay" she said closing her eyes and going to sleep.

___________________________________________

•Chess??! Who do you think will win??
Cast your votes here!!!
•Ashton got shot??!😱
What will Aurora say???

Hey guys it's just a short chapter this time, but I promise the next chapter will be longer.
Happy Sunday🌸🌸