Chapter 9 - Unexpected Guest And Prophecy

3rd Person Pov

As all the people in the kingdom fell asleep, 3 persons were wide awake discussing matters that needed the utmost urgent attention.

"What are we going to do Father? It's getting out of hand all these rogue attacks are becoming more random; it's like they're searching for something or perhaps someone." Ashton said, as he rubbed his head frustrated that he can't get a pattern on the attacks being done by the rogues.

It's like they don't even know what they themselves are looking for. "Maybe we just haven't been looking close enough to see all the hidden clues." said Lucifer quite exhausted at all the work they've been doing all night.

"We need to find out what's going on and now!!, why are they attacking at random? what are they looking for? and more importantly what happens if they find it?" Vincent said in a dark voice.

As the three continue to discuss the rogue attacks, A bright light suddenly appeared in the center of the room blinding everyone for a moment, forcing them to cover their eyes. As the light dimmed there stood the most beautiful woman anyone ever saw.

Dressed in a silver and white off shoulder floor length white dress, paired with 2 gold arms bracelets. There, before them, stood a Goddess in the flesh.

All three of them fell to the floor and bowed deeply -"my children; do not bow before me, I am Freya, Goddess of the Moon and the Creator of the Children of the Night." she said in a melodious voice filled with love.

"Goddess of the Moon, I know I may not be authorized to ask someone whom is in a much higher position than me and my creator, but what brings you to this kingdom, my lady?" Asked Vincent as he stood from the ground along with Ashton and Lucifer.

"I'm afraid, as I bring thou not good news" she said rather melancholy as she sat down on the couch looking quite ethereal.

"Ashton, thou hath taken a child under thine wing, that child I sent her here to be protected from what is to come; but no matter what thine does to protect her, it shall come to pass if it isn't stopped." Said Freya.

"What do you mean what does this have to do with Aurora?" asked Ashton angrily.

"Have you ever heard of the 'Prophecy of Death and Destruction'?" asked the Goddess.

"Yes I've heard about it but never gave much thinking to it as I've only thought of it as a Folklore." Ashton replied.

"It was a Prophecy made 500 hundred years ago by a very powerful Oracle. One that my Father bestowed the power of sight upon, thus allowing that Oracle to see the future. He spoke of a prophecy, that shook the entire heavenly kingdom. I remember that day, like it was yesterday, as he spoke the words which shook me to my core." Goddess Freya replied.

"He said;
'500 years from now,
Werewolves will seek that which is forbidden to the children of the moon,
The powerful will seek out that which makes one immortal to the power of time,
Darkness will rise,
The light will fall,
The evil shall rein death and destruction upon this world,
But alas a child shall be born,
One with a power so pure, that they shall rid the world of darkness,
Born with the power of light, a child raised by the power of a wolf,
To be guarded by the fiercest of Wolves,
Mated to that which breathes the deadliest of all fires,
But beware for if that child should fall into the wrong hands,
This world will cease to exist as know it'. said Freya repeating the exact words of the Oracle.

Ashton and Lucifer stood there in shock, meanwhile Vincent looked as if he just figured out the most interesting thing ever.

"So that's why the rogues are attacking at random, they are searching for the 'Child of the Prophecy' they want him/her." he said as he rubbed his beard tenderly. Then and there Ashton looked like he found the answers to all his problems.

"Father, what if we search for the child ourselves." Ashton said looking proud as if he just said the most logical thing. Lucifer looked as if what Ashton was suggesting was the answer to everything.

"Are you dumb or weren't you listening to what Goddess Freya was saying?" Vincent asked in disbelief.

"A child raised by the power of a wolf,
To be guarded by the fiercest of Wolves,
Mated to that which breathes the deadliest of all fires, think about it." he said repeating Goddess Freya's words.

Reality dawned upon the 2, as they stood there in thought 'Who is the fiercest wolf alive?' thought Ashton. 'What breathes the deadliest of all fires?' thought Lucifer.

"Who is the fiercest wolf alive?" Vincent asked."It's me, father" answered Ashton. "I'm guessing 'A child raised by the power of a wolf ' means me." Said Vincent.

"What breathes the deadliest of all fires? known to ever exist?" Vincent asked.

"A dragon, but the one whom breathes the deadliest of it all is a Dragon King." Lucifer said sitting down in shock.

"So who is the 'Child of the Prophecy'?" ask Ashton in a daze, not wanting to hear the answer he dreaded would make his world collapse.

"Fear not my child, for she is within your grasp. The child which thou hast start to called thine own, is the 'Child of Prophecy'. Goddess Freya replied tenderly.

Ashton roared murderously on the spot, "NO!!! MY DAUGHTER CANNOT BE THE 'CHILD OF PROPHECY', MY SWEET AURORA I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!!!"

"My child, thou may be upset, but is it one's duty to protect that which we hold dear in our hearts. As I stand before you all today, I do not come to you as a Goddess, I stand before you as a mother whom is worried about the future of her children. I do not wish to see any of you in harms way, I do not wish to see any of you die, it pains me to know what is yet to come, but I cannot intervene for the fates have already been decided. But I can bless you; you must fight my children even it means to lose what you love, to lose what you've cherished, to feel the pain of losing comrades, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, mothers and fathers. We must fight to rid this world of evil-please I implore you my children, do not hate, but love and forgive those whom have wronged you." Goddess Freya said as she bent holding her stomach crying tears of agony and despair, tears of misery and pain.

All of them stood there shocked, as they have never witnessed Gods or Goddesses crying over their creations. With the determination in their hearts to protect Aurora and the tears of a weeping Goddess who just wants to see her children live happy lives.

They made a decision to raise Aurora with a proper upbringing and train her, not as a tool but as a family and to protect this world from the darkness within it.

----------------------

I know what you may have been thinking, that I discontinued this book? I will never!

School has been giving me a hard time, but now that examinations are over, I'm free to write as much as I like.

Thoughts and opinions???

What do you think about this chapter???