AIFILAW - Part 7. (Last Part)

Hello everyone!
I know it's been a long time but I had to post this last Part because it was definitely owed.
Thanks a lot to everyone of you who read my story and a special thanks to all those who stuck around and have been waiting for this one. this one goes to you.
I am not sure how it turned out to be but I do hope you like it. i
Enjoy the read :)

-----------

Part 7 :

“To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.”

― George Mcdonald.

“Your smile and your laughter lit my whole world.”

― Ranata Suzuki

******

(Not proofread)

“Oh god... What was that out there? Was that a way to escape from the situation? Or was that genuine?

What rubbish are you thinking Drishti?! Of course it was genuine. It could be seen in his eyes.”

Drishti was restless.  Rakshit had dragged her to their room a while back and yet, since then, he didn’t utter a word. He had been staring through the window instead and was in deep thoughts.

“Ab main kya karoon? Should I say something? Or should I go away and leave him be?” Drishti was a confused soul and didn’t know how to react.

“Sir? She tried at first …. Rakshit sir?”

Dristhti had been calling for him for a few minutes now, but Rakshit was lost in his thoughts. She decided it was time to take him out of his thoughts and to bring him back to reality. She slowly approached him, put a hand on his shoulder and shoot him gently.

“Rakshit…” she said softly. “ Are you still here? Is everything all right?”

Rakshit was taken aback by her sudden touch and was finally brought back from his reverie. He abruptly turned back to face her and was mesmerized by her beauty, like always. He couldn’t stop staring at her and he wondered how he got so lucky to have her in his life. He remembered everything they went through since the first day they met, and he pondered if indeed they were destined to be together.

“Was she that Pisces girl who was supposed to enter his life?”

“Was she the one destined to save his life?”

He couldn’t resist putting one strand of hair back in place, so he could admire her face fully.

“Drishti...” he said with a hoarse voice. “I want to … I need to … I mean we need to talk.” He said clearing his throat.  “Oh god I do not even know where to start.” He said again nervously.

Drishti was bemused as she never saw her husband out of words before. But she knew better than to interrupt him and decided to be patient and hear him out.

Rakshit was frustrated and ran a hand through his hair. He really didn’t know how to start with this conversation and it made him restless.

“Come, let’s sit first.” He said, dragging Drishti to the bed. “Look, I’m sorry about this marriage thing and
all.” He blurted out.