AIFILAW - Part 1.

"Fall in love and you'll know how easy it is to be jealous."

― Nitya Prakash

"All's fair in love and war," said Ron brightly, "and this is a bit of both."

*****

"Di!"

Divya jumped on Drishti and hugged her. It hadn't been long since they found each other and every single moment they would get alone, Divya wouldn't let it go to waste.

"Arrey Divi. What is this?" Drishti asked her laughing. "You will make me fall. Be careful."

"Kya Di! Even if you fall it is okay na?! It has been few days since we could talk properly you and me." She said sadly. "Thank god they all went to the temple and you came up with this plan. Oy hoy. Meri Di toh bohot intelligent ho gayi ab!" she said playfully, pinching her cheek.

"I was already intelligent, thank you very much. And this is not a plan okay? Someone indeed had to clean up this garden after all the mess due to this picnic. I didn't want to go with them, that is why I said I will do it. Lekin tum? Tumne kaha tha ki tum meri madat karegi. Kaha gayab ho gayi thi? Haan? Bolo."

Divya was about to give her a reply when they were disturbed by a throat clearing, making them turn in the concerned direction.

"I don't mean to disturb you, but Dee I am here to haan. You once again forgot about me!" the person said, pretending to be sad.

Divya burst out laughing and smacked him on his arm, leaving Drishti confused.

"Oh please! Don't start being a drama queen again okay?! I didn't forget. I was talking to my Di. Anyway come here. I will introduce you. Di, I disappeared because I had to go fetch him at the airport and I didn't tell you about it because I wanted it to be a surprise. Aman, this is Drishti, my sister. And Di, this is Aman, my brother." Divya introduced them, leaving Drishti with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Oh so you are Aman!" she said, extending her right hand to greet him. "Nice to finally meet you. She told me about everyone in your family. You can't know enough how thankful I am to all..."

Drishti didn't get the time to finish her sentence, for Aman hugged her tightly, completely ignoring her hand. To say Drishti was shocked, was an understatement. She looked at Divya, who shrugged her shoulders and smiled at her with teary eyes.

"I am so glad to, at last, meet you, Drishti." Aman said, finally leaving her. "I have heard so much about you all these years, and I am so so happy Dee found her sister after so long. I guess you can imagine how painful it has been for her to be away from her twin sister." He said looking at Divya with affection.

"Yes I can imagine," Drishti said, taking her hand, "for I've been like this too, for all these years. But we are together now, and it is all that matters. I will forever be grateful to you and your family for having taking care of her and pampering her like a family member." She finished with gratitude.

"Arrey, why are you talking so formally now? Of course, she is family. I may be barely a year older than her, but she is my little sister, just like you have always been too. You may have not been with us, but we've all considered you as a family member. Dee would always talk about you and it's been like we've always known who you are. I know while being here, we won't be able to acknowledge each other like family, but know that your brother is always here for you. No matter what." Aman told her with sincerity, while taking her hand to show her he meant what he said, and placing the other around Divya's neck, leaving both sisters teary eyed.