4

Just like they planned to, the Bakusquad and Dekusquad minus Katsuki and Izuku, are investigating the two. Of course before that started though, they told the others about it since Tenya, Ochako, Tsuyu, Momo and Kyouka missed their talk then.

The "observation / investigation" officially started when the next day came. Actually, it started back on their last class of the day on that day but it wasn't official and they couldn't exactly do what they planned on doing because they can't really slack off on their homeroom teacher's class, he's as strict as he can be but not so much out of class or school.

Getting back on track, the squads had split opinions about what's really going on with Katsuki and Izuku, they're torn because it makes sense that they could only be acting like this because it's a façade they're trying to keep up so other people wouldn't be suspicious of them and find out the true relationship between them. Then again, it also makes sense they just have their days where they argue and get along better than other days. In the end, they didn't agree on anything and just went on with the investigation, which the term just makes the situation a lot more serious than it actually is.

They genuinely just want to find out if these two are hiding anything and if they're not going to say anything, then they're going to know one way or another. After their talk about it, without Katsuki and Izuku of course, they got pretty determined.

Fast forward to now, they've all got classes where all of them share and they decided to split up the observation on the two. While others could be focusing on class, some of them would occasionally glance over at Izuku and Katsuki who sat near each other. They didn't notice much in class hours but their suspicions piled up when they were out of class.

There'll be times where they'd see Izuku and Katsuki together, Izuku sporting red freckled cheeks while Katsuki has his smug, proud smirk plastered on his face. And they would see that happen multiple times throughout the day and throughout the week as well.

"Okay guys, the more we continue this, the more I get confused." Denki said as he slumped against Hitoshi's back

They were all under the tree they usually ate at lunchtime. They were generously given free time by their teachers because they were called in a meeting so they were free to spend however they like as long as they don't cause any trouble for anyone.

"I have to agree, they confuse me so much dudes." Hanta stated with his arms wrapped around Shouto's waist

"Why is this a lot harder than we expected?" Mina whined

"Yeah, I assumed we would get an answer by the end of today since it's Friday." Momo said as they nodded

"Well, it looks like we're going to have to continue investigating until we find an answer." Tenya declared

"Why can't we just ask them?" Ochako asked

"Wouldn't it be a lot easier if we ask them personally?" Tsuyu added

"Don't you think that they would've told us already if that's the case?" Hitoshi questioned

"Is there any specific reason why they'd hide that kind of information from us?" Kyouka stated

"We're friends, we can tell each other anything." Shouto said

"I don't think they're lying to us about anything, maybe we really should just ask them then?" Eijirou suggested

"How about we do that as a last resort? Let's continue observing them for a bit more before we finally give up on this." Mina compromised, she was the most determined out of all of them. It was her who suggested it in the first place anyway.

"What are you guys going to give up about?" Izuku's voice emerged from nowhere as he sat down with them

"You hidin' something from us?" Katsuki asked with a scowl on his face

"Nah dude, we were just talking about this show." Denki lied as he grinned at the two who just arrived

"Anyways, where were you guys?" Hanta asked as Katsuki sat next to Izuku

Katsuki looked over at Izuku who was quiet and was biting his lower lip and was also trying his best to avoid anyone's eyes as he slightly blushed.

"Was in the bathroom with the Nerd, he said he had to do somethin' there so I kindly agreed." Katsuki answered for them. He wasn't *entirely* lying, it was just the half truth.

Izuku nodded quietly and shyly.

Their friends eyed them suspiciously but didn't push on even though they wanted to, badly.

~~~~~

"What about we just tell 'em, Deku?" Katsuki asked as they walked home together

"Hm? Well, I'm fine with that Kacchan. Do you want to?" Izuku replied

"Dunno, not really a big deal whether we tell them or nah." Katsuki told him

"I feel like we should, they've been stressing over it." Izuku giggled

"Have you noticed them looking at us more than usual? That's them investigating us."

Katsuki cackled as he grabbed Izuku's hand while they walked side by side.

"Yeah, we'd be doing 'em a favor if we just tell them about us." The blonde stated

"Mm-hmm, they also haven't gone to our apartment so I guess that'd be fun once we tell them about it." Izuku nodded

Katsuki scrunched his nose at the thought of their friends trashing their place and crashing whenever they want to and also possibly ruining their alone times and "fun" times.

Izuku saw and giggled as he leaned towards Katsuki, he pecked his cheek and smiled at him.

"'Nyways, we don't have to hide this anymore afterwards." Katsuki said as he looked down at their intertwined hands, it's like their hands were made for each other to hold and they're loving that.

Izuku smiled and blushed as he nodded.

"Yeah, please don't suddenly sweep me off of my feet and kiss me whenever you want though." He grinned

"Tch- don't act like you don't like it you Nerd, ya complainin'?" Katsuki asked

"No but I'd rather prefer it if you do that in the comfort of our own home so I'm not left here hanging and wanting more." Izuku giggled as he looked up at his boyfriend

"You horny shitnerd." Katsuki said fondly as he chuckled while Izuku smiled up at him

The two continued to walk home with their hands holding each other's. Katsuki leaned in to softly kiss Izuku's cheek which was very out of character for the strong willed, independent man that he is but it's just how it is, he's smitten for Izuku. They were fully unaware of someone taking a picture of them from behind. Said picture was then sent to a group chat and caused chaos. They'll only find out about it on the next day.