Chapter 2

~THIRD PERSON POV~

"Well hello sister," said Dahlia after making an entrance.

"What are you doing here Dahlia?" asked Esther.

"You didn't think I would miss the blooming of the Sundrop did you?" Dahlia asked rhetorically before laughing.

"Don't let her touch the flower Esther," shouted Ayana.

The two continued their magic trying their best to block off the other witch who seemed to be more powerful than the two combined however this didn't stop them as they continued only to see Dahlia walking towards the glowing plant while chanting.

Wither and decay
End this destiny

Break these earthly chains

And set the spirit free
The spirit free

She tore a petal off the plant causing the flower to loose it golden color and turn black as all the plants and trees in the area began to decay as the sundrop slowly started to disappear.

"What have you done!" shouted Ayana as she ran to the spot where the Sundrop disappeared as she feel on her knees in despair.

"You have doomed us all,"cursed Ayana as they noticed the moon turn red.

Far away the triggered wolves were feeling their bones break all over their bodies as they finally shifted into their wolves. However something was wrong, the wolves' eyes were black and they seemed more rabid as saliva foamed around their mouths and dripped onto the ground. Losing their last sense of rationality, the wolves took off into the night ready to pounce on any unlucky person they come across.

"Henrik I don't think we should be out here," said Klaus now having second thoughts about being out so late.

"Don't worry brother your here with me so it's okay," replied Henrik as he ran ahead of his older brother.

The two Mikaelsons were supposed to be behind the barrier that was created by their mother and Ayana which was to protect them from the wolves in case they try to attack however Niklaus wanted to see the wolves shift and his younger brother Henrik decided to join.

As they continue to walk in search of the wolves, Klaus became nervous as he thought about the beating he would receive from his father if he ever found out about their daring escapade.

They continued to walk through the scary and dark forest when they suddenly heard a growl in the distance. The two males stop moving due to fright as their legs began to shake as they turned towards the direction where the growl was coming from only to see a large wolf baring its razor sharp teeth at them as saliva dropped from its teeth while it stares menacingly at the two.

"Let's back away slowly," whispered Klaus as he took a step back with his brother only to step on a branch causing it to make a sound as it snapped in two alerting the wolf.

Not wasting any time the two Mikaelson brothers ran for their lives as the wolf chased them with its jaws open. Klaus tried his best to hold unto little Henrik's hand as they tried to evade the wolf only for him to trip and the wolf to pounce on him as it mauled at his body ripping into his chest as blood poured profusely out of the claw marks.

Esther felt that something was wrong as Dahlia and the flower disappeared without leaving a trace. The two witches ran back to everyone when they suddenly heard a cry for help.

"Mother," shouted Niklaus as he carried the mauled body of his brother.

"Mother help," shouted Klaus as he ran into ran faster.

Everyone looked in horror as Klaus place the body of his little brother Henrik on the ground as he dropped down beside the body and cried.

"What have you done?" Esther asked.

"I didn't mean to ," said Niklaus only to be back handed by his father so hard that he fell and hit his head.

"You are not my son," said Mikael who started at Niklaus in anger. She scooped Henrik's body into his arms as he was about to carry him away when he looked at Esther and said, " You are a failure as a mother. If you had taught him well he wouldn't have been a disappointment and wouldn't have killed his brother."

Mikael then walked away as everyone cleared out of the way so he could pass. While he was walking the tears he tried to hold back fell from his eyes which shocked everyone. He wiped his tears and continued on like nothing happened as everyone failed to notice the black shine that vanished from his eyes.

The rest of the  Mikaelson siblings tried their best to cheer their mother up who rooted herself to the spot as she cried. She lost her eldest child and now she lost her youngest. She was about to faint when she noticed Niklaus. His clothes were torn and his arm along with his back was bleeding.

"Oh my gosh Niklaus let's get you treated quickly," said Esther as she grabbed her son and tried to treat him.

"I should of died instead of him mother," cried Niklaus as tears continued to fall. Even though he was wounded it didn't hurt like how he feel when he held his brother's limp body.

"Niklaus look at me," said Esther but the blonde male didn't look up.

"Niklaus look at me," she shouted causing the male to instantly look at her.

"It wasn't your fault so stop blaming yourself," she said.

"But-"

"No but Niklaus it wasn't your fault so let's go fix up your injuries," she said as she kissed him on the forehead and led him inside.

Three days later the funeral and burial of Henrik Finnick Mikaelson was held under the sun as all the villagers attended to give their condolences. It wasn't a surprise that later in the night the wolf that mauled Henrik to death was killed and his head delivered to the pack with a warning.

"If you can't control your animals they'll all end up headless."

Two weeks later Esther was thinking of doing a spell that could protect her family from harm when she was approached by Ayana.

"Esther we need to talk about what Dahlia did," said Ayana.

"Ayana my son just died because I failed to protect him like a mother should. Our failure to stop Dahlia resulted in my son's death so don't feel offended if right now helping you is the last thing on my mind," she said before walking away.

Esther was then able to turn her family into strong creatures known as vampires much to Ayana's disapproval but Esther knew she was only angry because she didn't help her get the Sundrop flower.

Later it was then revealed that Niklaus wasn't Mikael's son and the male was livid. He went on a killing spree and more than three quarter of the wolf population decreased in one day. Esther still couldn't understand her husband who was gentle and wouldn't even harm a human unless they pose a threat to his family's safety became like this and before she could find out she was killed by her own son who thought his mother was going to kill him. Her body was then trapped in a spelled coffin and her spirit stuck on the other side where she spent a century watching her family get destroyed.