chapter4

the next day, they met up at liyue harbour and got onto beidous ship. "thanks for giving us a ride, mom!" kazuha heaved a sigh of relief. "you two becareful at inazuma, alright? especially you, kaz, we wouldn't want you getting caught by the tenryou commission.

"alright, alright" kazuha sighed, but he understood why beidou felt that way. "don't worry, ill take care of him, and ill get the other harbingers to too." scaramouche reassured beidou with a smile.

at inazuma

"oh ive been dreading this place for a longgg time." scaramouche sighed. "me too, haven't sneaked into inazuma in a while."

they walked over to scaramouche's designated location, a campsite where his mission is going to be assigned by the other fatuis.

at the campsite

"and .. scaramouche yours is at narukami island, ill mark it on your map later on. also, becareful alright, theres where most of the tenryou commission solders are located." the leader said.

"yes, sir." scaramouche replied with a sense of urgency.

kazuha just watched them do their fatui work, and soon, they were deployed to their respective venues.

"let's go, kaz!" they then made their way to narukami island.

a few hours later

"hey, wanna go to that big tree over there to rest? you seem tired." scaramouche suggested, and kazuha obediently agreed.

they walked over and sat down by the huge roots. kazuha closed his eyes as the wind caressed their faces, hair flowing backwards. he hasn't been to inazuma in a long time, it was as if he missed inazuma. in the blink of an eye, he fell asleep on scaramouches shoulder.

grasping the opportunity, scaramouche cupped kazuha's soft cheeks with his hands and pulled him in for a quick kiss on the forehead. "i know the answer now, how silly was i to not realise.." he chuckled. "ill properly answer yes when we get back to liyue."

as the leaves of the big maple tree slowly drifted down onto the ground, scaramouche took one that fell into his hand and put it into kazuha's hair. scaramouche chuckled as he looked at kazuhas face, admiring his beauty. "it has always been you, the one that i love."

scaramouche reached for the polaroid camera that he packed in his bag and took a photo of them. he knew he had to bring it as he wanted to take many photos of them, and make it into a collage, showing kazuha when he finally says yes to the question.