chapter5

as kazuha wakes up, he noticed scaramouche had a worried look on his face.

turns out, scaramouche had seen a huge group of tenryou commission soldiers heading their way! they needed to hide as soon as possible.

"sca-" kazuha speaks, but got cut off when scaramouche put his hands on kazuhas mouth to stop him from making any noise to attract the soldiers.

"ding!" scaramouches phone vibrated as one of the fatui messaged him. he picked up his phone quickly and opened the chat.
"scaramouche! retreat immediately! come back to the camp NOW. someone had leaked that information that we were going to attact soldier camps in inazuma. now they're sending troops out to kill us! its too dangerous for us now, come back immediately."

scaramouche gasped as he showed kazuha the message, and they both got up silently to try and run.

however, the soldiers had already noticed the two suspicious beings and chased after them. "the big group of soldiers are too much for us to handle. they'll surround us in no time!" scaramouche thought, and made a decision. he took out the polaroid film with the photo of them on it, and placed it in kazuhas palm.

"run for me, alright? ill go back soon. trust me. ill make them go after me, so you just run. GO" scaramouche hurriedly told kazuha.

"w-what.. no! i won't leave you scaramouche. run with me!"

"im sor-" he fell to the ground. kazuha saw the wound on the balladeers back and knew that the soldiers have far range attackers among them. he gasped and tears were uncontrollably falling down his face.

"my answer.. is yes, ill be your boyfriend. from the day i met you, you stood out. i just wished i realised earlier. i love you, kaz, and i always will." scaramouche weakly lifted his arm to wipe away kazuha's tears. then, his arm fell to the ground.

kazuha couldnt believe the horrible sight of his loved one bleeding a pool in front of him. he knew scaramouche couldn't be saved.

he knew what he had to do, survive for scaramouche. he got up and started running.

TIMESKIP

kazuha looked at the beautiful sea ganodermas in his vase on the table beside his bed. "aren't they beautiful, scara? you gave them to me" his voice cracked half way as he sighed. "if only you were here with me." a tear dripped down his face as he recalled the words: "i love you, kaz, and i always will."

a/n: muahhahaha i haven't learnt my lesson from the xiao x venti fanfic i wrote last year so have another sad ending <3