chapter 3 numb night

deep inside the palace, a session was going on in the ducal hall. there at the center above all, was the alpha emperor. the only alpha of the land. only the emperor has this secondary gender and it only shows within the royal family.

the ducal hall comprises the leaders of countries in this world and they are all betas.

the people of the land were called common folk.

the least but the rarest, are the omegas. they are all men. the last reported one was ages ago and he died well with his fated mate, a duke. omegas can be from of any ordinary household and seldom of the same one. child born from omegas are highly regarded and would be treated with respect and reverence. though they are omegas, their children may became a beta or a common folk but never an alpha if he wasnt mated to the emperor or the crown prince himself. the last record of an omega king mated to the emperor was a couple of centuries ago and mew's line came from them.

Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat of the Jong Empire is the current emperor after a long battle. the previous ruler who was only a regent to mews father, usurped the throne. mew at that time was on his years of travelling due to his mission of seeking his mate, he came back to a war. loosing hope to ever finding his mate and gaining so much stress to regain the throne that was rightfully his, he became a shell. going to and fro to several meetings, ducal convention and implementing legislations, he grew weary.

mew knew the job but it could only be endured if he was with a mate. in this world where mates are the pillar of ones mind and body, he grew cold without one beside him.

as he passed by the concubine hall which was now teeming with girls baited by the dukes, some were titled, some were favored by them came from all influential families. yes, he enters that place but his body never cooperated. even with a round of booze and wine or even a dose of aphrodisiac, cannot penetrate his bodys will. his alphan hot blood boils all alcohol and any medicine that has anything to do with mating. its like his body knew his mate is somewhere and it wont let him take anyone but his mate to claim him.

hearing the giggles of those girls, he retreated back to his chambers only to be greeted with a cold room and sheets. gritting his teeth in sudden annoyance and loneliness, he opted for a warm bath and decided to have a ride towards the farm of his sole confidant. only in his company could he breathe and be himself.

the session lasted till it was dark outside and the travel will take at least over 2 hours. hell arrive a little over midnight, he guessed.

the cold wind that sweep against his face only ignited the loneliness that he felt in his heart. no matter who was naked before him, it only felt like a betrayal. everytime those girls kissed him, all he felt was the bile rising up in his throat. the repulsion was too intense to be ignored. somehow he wanted to curse his alphan blood and just be whoever he fancied but whenever he remembered the mission he made to find his fated one and left his ill father to his bastard regent, he could not let it go. this night as he travelled across the wide field, he felt some nagging inside his core. he travelled this path many times before but at this moment, its different. its not a want anymore. its a need.

seeing the two storey stone house ahead, his heart beats rapidly as if he was being chased. as he entered the property and knocked on the door, he was greeted by a man called arnold. he was his companion on his travels but had to head back earlier due to his fathers passing. he was then tied to this land he inherited and married his childhood friend. now that theyre expecting although late in their years, they are blessed. mew knew that once their baby comes, he might not be able to come like this hour since hell be dead tired for sure.

family.

now thats a thought that never comes to his mind if it doesnt concerned his mate. its quite heavy on his heart. he needs to breathe.