Chapter 1

Dreams Where Ur Murdered - X Lovers

I woke up screaming.
Again.

Ever since Bonnie had woken me up from my supernatural slumber I had been a mess. I hated the fact that I rarely got a good night's sleep. The world around me may have significantly changed, however, just like 1994, I was still an insomniac.

Stefan jolted awake next to me as I was untangling myself from his covers. I could feel my cheeks were wet and I didn't want him to see me cry again.
Stefan was one of the nicest guys I'd met and a gorgeous vampire at that. We became fast friends when I awoke. He taught me everything I need to know to navigate modern day society- I must admit, at first I was confused but with his help I managed.
After fifteen years locked in a secret tomb under Mystic Falls, Virginia, I'd like to think I was doing good.

"What happened?" Stefan asked. He wrapped his arms around me, stroking my head as he rocked me back and forth. "You're okay."

"I just...I...," My words wouldn't come out of my mouth. Everything I wanted to say was in my mind but the words just wouldn't come. Get it together Ferrah for fucks sake.

"Shhh you're okay." Stefan lulled. "I promise."

I sniffled into his chest. The way he cared for me warmed my heart. I'd never felt this level of comfort. Not before I was in the tomb and obviously not in the fifteen years I was knocked out.

I was so glad that Stefan, Bonnie and the others had accepted me like I had been friends with them for years. Bonnie began re-teaching me magic when I was stable enough, the years I was magically unconscious left my powers unpredictable. Therefore I only used it if I needed to or with assistance, at least for a while. Since Elena and Bonnie went to college I'd picked up doing more magic considering there was always someone or something to sort out in mystic falls. Bonnie couldn't keep running back to us for all of this supernatural nonsense. From the Originals to Silas and Ammara and then the travellers , it was safe to say we had our hands full, most, if not all of the time.

"Do you need me to stay with you?" Stefan asked, his eyes giving away that he was worried about me. I glanced back up at him, pushing away lingering thoughts.There was however, only one issue at hand now.

"It's light out now. Maybe later." I smiled. He brushed my hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear, a look of worry still written on his face. "Plus today we need to get Bonnie and Damon back from the Prison World, they've been there for four months and everyone has officially gone off the rails. We need them."

Stefan nodded. The loss of his brother had been hard on him. For months we were under the impression that Bonnie and Damon had died- assumed they had found peace or something. However they were trapped in a prison world according to twins Olivia and Lukas, our new little witch friends - I'd nicked named them the witchy-woo twins though both of them seemed to take a dislike to it. Olivia had done a spell to get herself there and spoke to them- how she knew about the prison world wasn't known to us- though their coven, the Gemini Coven, seemed shady. I was weary of her and all of them. However, the others and myself agreed that if we could use them to get Bonnie and Damon back, we would learn to live with their ambiguity.

The twins agreed to do the spell, if it meant that I would go in and get Bonnie and Damon rather than them going. For some unknown reason they refused (and looking back at this, I shouldn't have been as comfortable with the decision as I was). However I missed my best friend, my other one needed her boyfriend back and Stefan most definitely needed his brother -no matter how much they didn't get along. Getting trapped there was a risk I was more than willing to take.