Chapter 10

Honey - Luna Aura

"Come on!" Kai yelled again. "You've got it. Focus." He was not as patient as he had been when we started.

It had been 19 long and exhausting days trying to get my magic back. We were on a strict and repetitive schedule of eat, magic, eat and sleep. I was sick and tired of it. Sick and tired of Kai. And quite frankly I was ready to give up on it all.

The highlight had been being able to light a candle on the 7th day. However since then nothing had come of my magic. Not one spell worked.

I'd re-read every grimoire I could when I had down time and there wasn't any information that helped. Kai was getting tired too. He'd gotten his hopes up that I would be able to get my magic back, or at least enough to do the spell that would be able to get us back home.

"You know, your yelling isn't helping me." I shot back, getting up off the floor after almost collapsing from exhaustion. Who would have thought that continuously trying to do spells has become more tiresome than doing them?

"I'm not baby-ing you though it. I was nice but that doesn't seem to be working anymore." Kai snapped. He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I'm trying my best okay." I huffed.

"Yeah well at the moment it isn't good enough." That hit a spot. "You know what your doing and you need to get over this mental block. Remember we had a deal?"

"Yeah I do. And i'm holding up my end." I scoffed. "You on the other hand. Well you're getting a little bit too mad at me. Which is rich coming from the person who can't do magic by themselves. God anyone could have mistaken you for Joshua.."

Now that had struck something in Kai. In hindsight it wasn't fair of me to compare him to his father but he had gotten under my skin. The past 19 days he'd chopped away at any confidence I'd had in my magic abilities.

Kai crossed the room in a flash and without hesitation his hands were around my neck.
"I would think very carefully about what you say next."

"Did I hit a spot?" I taunted, ignoring the tightening of my airway from the pressure of his hands. His eyes flashed with darkness and he didn't need to say yes for me to know that I had.

"Get your fucking hands off me." I snapped. Pushing him away from me. He turned away from me cautiously and went to resume his position by the fireplace.

Without a second thought I picked up a glass from the table that we had pushed to the side against the couch and threw it at him with full force. It smashed against the mantle piece at the top of the fireplace, narrowly missing his head.

I couldn't even think. Kai had made me see red and for a split second I had stooped down to his level. He turned fast and shot me a look of surprise as well as fury.

"Okay crazy pants. Take a breath, you're gonna kill one of us." Kai laughed. That only enraged me more and I picked up the second glass, ready to actually hit his head this time. "Wow you're hot when you're mad."

I blew a stray curl out of my face and turned as if I was going to place the glass back down on the table. I heard Kai chuckle to himself and I abandoned the moment of calm I'd felt in my body. The second glass smashed into smaller shards than the first glass as it hit the brickwork this time. I was rather disappointed that I hadn't hit him but I was hoping to get my point across.