Chapter 22

Pray for Me - The Weekend ft. Kendrick Lamar
If I Killed Someone For You - Alec Benjamin

Kai's POV

Who would have thought that finding five college idiots would be so hard in a small town. I'd been to Whitmore and come out without any success in finding them. Then I realised it was Christmas break and questioned what sad losers would stay at college over Christmas and New Years. Aside from Liv and Luke obviously.

I wasn't being strategic about finding these guys in any way, I was just on some kind of angry rampage. I hated how they treated Ferrah at the party and the dark part of me was in control- hunting them down.

I fucking hated them. All of them and the mangunt was a way for me to channel my anger.

I wandered the streets of Mystic Falls, debating whether I should go back to my house or stay out a little longer. Now that I had the Traveller spell magic running through my veins I could have and do anything I wanted. I immediately went to the house I'd tried to get before and killed the guy inside before he could even protest. I sorted out logistical problem like Wills and Deeds as well so that my back was covered in case I didn't have magic when someone came knocking.

God life was so much easier with magic.

The Mystic Grill restaurant seemed to be closing up as I wandered past. I was hungry but I wasn't about to eat whatever mediocre shit they served there. It was a passing feeling, as I grew bored of chasing down a college kid. I'd heard everyone and their mom talking about this place but to me it didn't seem special by any means.

I couldn't get distracted and my newly acquired magic was fuelling me as well as the anger I had at myself.

Ferrah didn't block my spell like I had anticipated and that Goddamn tight feeling had returned in my chest.

I ignored it and continued down the road before I heard commotion behind me. Five guys, around my age, maybe a little younger walked out of the Grill. They were clearly mad at the fact they had to exit and I could hear an argument beginning to break out.

As I turned and walked back towards the Grill, I heard the door to the establishment slam shut and the guys were left outside cursing away.

It was the exact people I was looking for too. Lucky me. Unlucky for them though.

I whistled and they all jumped at the noise.

"Wait is that the guy from the new years party?" One of them asked the other. Not very quietly either. I rolled my eyes though they didn't seem to notice.

"How's you're neck?"  I asked, giving them the hint they needed to realise that it was me.

The one at the back of the group who I recognised to be Ryder, stepped forward and began walking towards me.

"How's Ferrah, man?" He asked as he got closer. I could feel the anger and the magic inside me bubbling to the surface. As much as I wanted to drag out his imminent death, I didn't know if I'd be able to contain myself for that long.

"Come on , dude." He hit my shoulder with the back of his hand as he reached me. "How's my girl? She doing good? Is she gonna let me bite it yet or what?"